2016 interior noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brianphooper

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have two issues I can’t seem to put my finger on. 2016 LT Texas Ed. Super quiet and smooth ride, but bumps seem to bring out a rattle or vibration from both the driver door and the head liner. I can simply press on the head liner behind the sun roof to make it quit, so I assume there is a broken clip somewhere??

The door is another story. It almost sounds like it isn’t fully closed at times. I have checked the bushings and pins for the door, as closely as possible, and there is zero play in the door when open or shut. Not sure where to look to clear the issue.

Looking for ideas on each problem...thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Driver front door... hit a bump and it almost sounds like it isn’t shut all the way...but there is no play in the door when shut.

You can't move the door with the same force as the truck moving down the road can. But, to test it, you can put some electrical tape around the door latch (on the interior door jamb) and see if it stops that noise. Then you'll know that's what needs adjusted.

OP
OP
brianphooper

brianphooper

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You can't move the door with the same force as the truck moving down the road can. But, to test it, you can put some electrical tape around the door latch (on the interior door jamb) and see if it stops that noise. Then you'll know that's what needs adjusted.

Excellent suggestion thanks...I’ll give it a shot

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have two issues I can’t seem to put my finger on. 2016 LT Texas Ed. Super quiet and smooth ride, but bumps seem to bring out a rattle or vibration from both the driver door and the head liner. I can simply press on the head liner behind the sun roof to make it quit, so I assume there is a broken clip somewhere??

The door is another story. It almost sounds like it isn’t fully closed at times. I have checked the bushings and pins for the door, as closely as possible, and there is zero play in the door when open or shut. Not sure where to look to clear the issue.

The adhesive on one of the ceiling bows may have come loose and is causing the rattle, or an interior trim fastener. As for the door, is it possible that there is a plug or something rattling around inside of it too? What are the conditions of all the rubber gaskets and seals around the door frame, primary and secondary? Do you have powered steps? How about the parking brake cables and actuator?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Headliner like @swathdiver said.

My 19 denali xl has a slight whistle, wind noise, at speed too. The top of the door isn't fully aligned with the truck... if you push on the window (door frame) by the b pillar as you are driving, it should quiet down... if you look from outside does it look as if the top of the door doesn’t match the body lines but the bottom and by the fender look fine?
Mine is out a 1/16 .... i just need to bend the door slightly but have yet to do so because it doesn’t bother me that much.... yet.

And no, im not bringing in for service so some 20 yo douche kid mechanic messes it up even more and then beats on my 6.2l....:)

OP
OP
brianphooper

brianphooper

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies.

I thought about there being something inside the door that was rattling...doesn’t always do it but hit a shallow pothole or some rough road, and it sounds like the door isn’t shut. Gonna try the electrical tape first before pulling the door panel.

As far as the headliner, it is definitely loose. Never been inside the headliner, so that worries me more than the door.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for the headliner you can try to some double sided 3m tape, felt pad, hook & loop fastener, spray adhesive, one of those should resolve the problem

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14