2016 GMC Yukon SLE how to replace AC Blower motor control resistor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cderoche

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is there a video or set of instructions, or even an illustrated parts breakdown of how to replace the AC blower resistor on a 2016 GMC Yukon? I can't seem to find any info on this on the web, closest thing is this video:

But that video is for an older model Chevy 07-14.

After removing the bottom cover, which had 4 screws, one of which you have to be a contortionist to access with a swivel attachment, I did not see the resistor anywhere. There also was no purple power wire like in the videos I've seen. The wire harness coming from the bottom of the motor splits to to different places high up in there hard to see without removing a lot of other things.

I'm not a mechanic by trade, just a wannabe DIY trying to save a few bucks.

The reason I'm trying to change this part out is because sometimes the AC blower fan runs when the vehicle is off. This part is blamed for this problem when I researched this issue online.

2018v8

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. The resistor fried about a week ago and I want to replace it but can't find it. I've looked at several places online and can only find diagrams that show the resistor right next to the blower motor. My truck is a 2015 Denali XL

marthaInKilgore

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok ...I read on redditthat probably what I bought was the resistor for the rear blower ... the resistor and blower come together for the front.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442