2016 Denali transmission lag?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
And driveshafts too, got to keep the slip yoke splines greased and inspect the u-joints every once in a while. Putting the truck in gear while its still rolling backward is not conducive to driveshaft parts health, not to mention the differential(s).
Yeah, only do that on my work truck

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And driveshafts too, got to keep the slip yoke splines greased and inspect the u-joints every once in a while. Putting the truck in gear while its still rolling backward is not conducive to driveshaft parts health, not to mention the differential(s).

Killjoy...

OP
OP
O

OilfieldTrash78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just heard back from the dealer. They drove the truck, and they felt the shudder that has been discussed here. They are flushing the tranny, and replacing the filter. Hopefully that helps, and then I am going to get the BB tune done!

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It won’t help folks with older models but when I was speaking with a dealer last weekend about the new 2018 Denali, he independently told me that one of it’s selling points is that the new 10 speed transmission “doesn’t clunk like the old one”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JIMS SVT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just heard back from the dealer. They drove the truck, and they felt the shudder that has been discussed here. They are flushing the tranny, and replacing the filter. Hopefully that helps, and then I am going to get the BB tune done!

Did you end up getting a tune? We have some of those issues and a lag on the 1-2 shift and the dealer says it’s normal even after they did the new fluid flush

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ylwdogs