2016 Denali..Front end squeaks like an old mattress

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Akinshake

Akinshake

Reaction score
Thank you for posting the fix. While you had it apart I assume the bushings looked A-O-K and no need for replacement?

they looked ok. You could tell there was some age on them and the little rubber nipple that sits in the frame to line it up was squished, somebody probably had taken them off before. The sway bar was rubbed raw down to bare metal. I am debating on upgrading the sway bars but if I don’t I’m going to at least do polyurethane bushings. But I short term solved the problem.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Greased the sway bar mount bushings. Problem solved. The rubber was squeaking as I was taking them off. Thanks everybody for your help.
Another idea for future reference: Spray only one component / joint with lithium grease at a time. Spray, and see if the noise goes away, If not, try another joint. This way, you can isolate the specific part that is problematic, and you're not just spraying everything to make it quiet.

number9

Reaction score
My wife’s 2019 Tahoe (66k mi) developed this squeak last week. Was driving me NUTS. I sprayed the front sway bar bushings with fluid film externally hoping the Ff would find its way inside. It did reduce the squeak and confirm that was the source.

Yesterday I changed the oil and decided to drop the sway bar bushings and lube them with white lithium grease. 15min job turned into 1.5hr job. One of the passenger side bushing mount bolts broke off. Seems it may have been cross threaded from the factory. I tried everything to get the bolt out but ended up having to drill it out and use a replacement bolt and nut to remount the bracket. First bolt I’ve had break on a GM vehicle in very long time.

However, greasing the bushings did solve the squeak.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh