2016 Chevy Tahoe Police Package Suspension Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nima

Reaction score
I finally replaced them with brand new ppv suspension. My mechanic told me in order to change to a different one such as LS or LT, there are many other parts that you need to replace. He checked that also with some engineers at GM. Anyways the ride is still harsh specially at the back. Spent about 1500$ Canadian and disappointed at the result.

Nima

Reaction score
I’ve got a 2019 that I am putting police suspension into it I’ve got all the factory stuff from a 2019 civilian model that word bolt directly into yours. Mine is a four-wheel-drive model but I don’t think anything is the different because I’m putting 2 Wheel Dr. into my four-wheel-drive all the coils are the same.
If you have all thr parts from the other one then make sense to do it. Othewise it gets too costy

Geoff bc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am out to make the same change, the ride is harsh and not sure replacing with a new one would make any changes .
I wish someone had the answer for replacing it with something other than the original part
I’ve got all the factory suspension from my four-wheel-drive it is the civilian unit let me know if you’re interested.

jmm121783

Searching for the next sunset...
Reaction score
It doesn't Unfortunately

Why is that? All the mounts should be the same no? Or am I just wrong on this? I guess its hard to find concrete info or if it is just listed as "It wont work" but bolts on and functions fine

badbrad10

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had this same problem with my '13.....super harsh ride. Same with my '17, but I'm not screwing with it until the warranty is expired. Fortunately, it's pretty easy to soften the ride up.

Buy a set of four Bilstein 5100 shocks, and swap those in for the factory shocks. Job done. You'll notice a world of difference in comfort, and it'll still handle well.

DOUBLE CHECK THIS BEFORE YOU BUY, but I believe you need two of each of these:

FRONT:
https://www.amazon.com/Bilstein-24-...UTF8&qid=1534740965&sr=1-1&keywords=24-251976

REAR:
https://www.amazon.com/Bilstein-24-...UTF8&qid=1534740943&sr=1-1&keywords=24-251778
Like just about everythin on Amazon. No longer avialable or sold out.

shakes287

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was able mix and match some civilian parts in my 2013 and get a decent ride quality.

I had a front spring break. It was popping in corners like a ball joint was bad, so I took it over to pep boys' and had them do an inspection. They found the bad spring and I had them swap the front and rear shocks/struts and springs for civilian model ones and it it went pretty well. Ran me a little over $1600 with a full alignment. I could have done most of the work myself for quite a bit less, but they did it same day and I was a couple hundred miles from home. My understanding is the ppv also has different sway bars, and potentially knuckles, but they didn't cause any issues with the install or the ride quality afterward.

They quoted me $1300 to do the front with ppv suspension and kept the same price for the civilian, 1800 to do the front and rear, then knocked $200 off when I went to cash out. Both quotes included an alignment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC