2016 2500HD Horn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05yukondenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Though its not a Tahoe, my 16 2500HD just got repaired from a collision wiith a deer. Long story short, the deer creased my front drivers fender so it needed replaced, crinkled up the bottom of the drivers door, and its horns came up when it hit and put a dent in the A-pillar. After coming back from the body shop, there was a pretty good sized paint scrape on the front passengers fender that wasn't there when taking it in, they didn't fix the dent on the A-pillar, and the horn no longer worked. Needless to say, really pissed me off about everything they broke and didn't fix. Took it back in Wednesday so they could finish their work, got it back today. The A-pillar was fixed, the fender was fixed, and the horn was also fixed. While the horn was fixed, the manager tried telling me that the Horn was broken and they had to get brand new parts to fix it and that it was a known GM problem. He said it was unrelated to the accident but they were still trying to get the insurance to pay for it, but I may have too if they won't. At this point I was ready to b@$#& them out. I call bullcrap on the horn, it had worked the day I took it to them originally, I don't think it was a coincidence that it quit working when they took it, I am pretty confident that they broke it when attempting to fix it. I have never heard of GM having problems with horns before, so thought I would ask here. Does GM have a problem with horns going out prematurely or is this guy trying to cover there tracks? Thanks

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Though its not a Tahoe, my 16 2500HD just got repaired from a collision wiith a deer. Long story short, the deer creased my front drivers fender so it needed replaced, crinkled up the bottom of the drivers door, and its horns came up when it hit and put a dent in the A-pillar. After coming back from the body shop, there was a pretty good sized paint scrape on the front passengers fender that wasn't there when taking it in, they didn't fix the dent on the A-pillar, and the horn no longer worked. Needless to say, really pissed me off about everything they broke and didn't fix. Took it back in Wednesday so they could finish their work, got it back today. The A-pillar was fixed, the fender was fixed, and the horn was also fixed. While the horn was fixed, the manager tried telling me that the Horn was broken and they had to get brand new parts to fix it and that it was a known GM problem. He said it was unrelated to the accident but they were still trying to get the insurance to pay for it, but I may have too if they won't. At this point I was ready to b@$#& them out. I call bullcrap on the horn, it had worked the day I took it to them originally, I don't think it was a coincidence that it quit working when they took it, I am pretty confident that they broke it when attempting to fix it. I have never heard of GM having problems with horns before, so thought I would ask here. Does GM have a problem with horns going out prematurely or is this guy trying to cover there tracks? Thanks
I have not heard anywhere about issues with horns failing, but that is just me. Based on some of the other issues you mentioned with the completeness of work done by the body shop, I would be very suspect, particularly if the horn was functional after hitting the deer and before they did any work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rs401