2015 Yukon XL Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bhanke

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all, I am new to posting. I spent some time looking through old threads but did not find anything on this. The rear driver door window will not roll up or down from the door itself or the driver control. Also, the small silver unlock button from the exterior does not work either. Lastly the au power outlet in the back seat, the small green light is out and that outlet does not work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

stallion_412

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So, 3 separate issues here:
Window - this is likely the switch on the door itself. If memory serves me correctly, the wiring from the driver's switch runs through the switch on the door. The part isn't too expensive and you should be able to replace yourself, just pull off the door panel.

Silver unlock button - idk on this one, maybe someone else can comment below.

Aux power outlet - that sounds like a fuse. Try any that say anything about "accessory power" (#4 or #50 on the Instrument Panel Fuse Block (both left and right) or #14 in the Rear Compartment Fuse Block if you're talking about the one in the cargo area)

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives.

You already have one good response to start checking out, and other folks will chime in.

OP
OP
bhanke

bhanke

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So, 3 separate issues here:
Window - this is likely the switch on the door itself. If memory serves me correctly, the wiring from the driver's switch runs through the switch on the door. The part isn't too expensive and you should be able to replace yourself, just pull off the door panel.

Silver unlock button - idk on this one, maybe someone else can comment below.

Aux power outlet - that sounds like a fuse. Try any that say anything about "accessory power" (#4 or #50 on the Instrument Panel Fuse Block (both left and right) or #14 in the Rear Compartment Fuse Block if you're talking about the one in the cargo area)

Thanks Stallion 412, I wonder if replacing that window switch will fix the button issue. I will have to start there. I went through many of the fuses but I will specifically try the ones you mentioned above. Thank you again.

OP
OP
bhanke

bhanke

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So, the window issue is definitely not the rear door switch. I swapped out the passenger side with the driver side switch and it worked on the passenger side. I cannot operate the rear driver side window from the driver seat controls either. Seems like it's an electrical issue deeper than the switch itself.

Camarochief

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
there may be a broken wire in the drivers door jamb wiring since the drivers door is opened and closed more than the other doors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak