2015 Yukon XL high beam relay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lozza

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Need help finding the relay that controls high beams.

High beams won’t flip on. Dash indicators light up when flipped on. Fogs go off when high beams flipped on. High beam filaments intact

Have 4 fuse panels. Found high beam fuse in engine fuse block. Wasn’t blown but replaced anyway. There is no relay listed for high beams in owner manual, anything I can find online or fuse block panel diagram. Tested all relays in engine fuse block, all good.

My mechanic said to call the dealership because they couldn’t find it in their books. I got the electrical diagrams but I’m even more confused now. Auto parts store said the relay is a 4 terminal blade (Part #: 13500114) but no one has any idea which one I need to pull to replace.

I have heard from various people that the relay is PCB and I’ve heard blade so can anyone help me? I feel like this shouldn’t be this hard.

Attachments

• 108A9DFB-0E24-4A16-A6A2-F9F81A7D1E91.jpeg
    108A9DFB-0E24-4A16-A6A2-F9F81A7D1E91.jpeg
    384.2 KB · Views: 5

Mando6point2

Reaction score
Low Beam Power Schematic.png

Relay KR48 according to this wiring diagram. If you look at a fuse box diagram then it is listed as "upfitter4 relay" doesn't mention anything about it being for high beams. I would pull relay 48 and test for continuity from the legs to fuse 95 which we know is for high beams. If there is continuity then that confirms that is the correct relay.

OP
OP
L

Lozza

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
View attachment 387339

Relay KR48 according to this wiring diagram. If you look at a fuse box diagram then it is listed as "upfitter4 relay" doesn't mention anything about it being for high beams. I would pull relay 48 and test for continuity from the legs to fuse 95 which we know is for high beams. If there is continuity then that confirms that is the correct relay.
I can’t believe it was this difficult to figure out, but it’s a PCB relay. BCM is on the fritz.

My guy is telling me if it’s the part he thinks it is, its an $1100 at cost part. Apparently those are hard to find right now as well.

Mando6point2

Reaction score
I can’t believe it was this difficult to figure out, but it’s a PCB relay. BCM is on the fritz.

My guy is telling me if it’s the part he thinks it is, its an $1100 at cost part. Apparently those are hard to find right now as well.
was there any codes stored in the BCM about this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons