2015 Yukon XL Denali service stabilitrak P182B

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jchedges33

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2015 Yukon XL Denali displays service stabilitrak and traction control light sometimes check engine light. The car is then in limp mode. Also every time you let off the brake pedal it clicks around the steering column or possible the ignition switch. Usually it will reset after I turn car off. Took it to dealer and of course they said it needed the transmission rebuilt. I have since driven the vehicle 4000 miles across country pulling a car with no trans issue. And what is weird it hardly ever throws code when pulling a trailer. Any ideas? Car has 150K miles. Everything runs good when this code resets.

Attachments

• IMG_0746 (1)_Moment.jpg
    IMG_0746 (1)_Moment.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 8

lbenson

Reaction score
They may be right with the transmission needing to be replaced. 150k miles is pretty good. My 2015 Denali's 8 speed failed at 175k. Leading up to that it had intermediate issues that were inconsistent. I remember it did go into limp mode randomly a couple times. Then it would be fine for a while.

My other transmission issues included a hard shift from park to reverse (delayed engagement) and it would sometimes feel underpowered at high highway speeds (70+) when I would go to get on it to pass someone.

Does yours have the 6 or 8 speed (first half of the 2015's had the 6 speed in the Denali, then the 8 speed).

lbenson

Reaction score
If you have the 8 speed, did you have the fluid upgraded to the one from the service bulletin (I'll have to lookup the number on it).

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My parents had a 03 Escalade that gave the "service stabilitrak" fault for a long time but still drove and shifted normal. It has about 135-140K miles and now my niece still drives it.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
get a 2nd opinion and ask to have it checked with the proper procedure, will cost you about an hour labor. (they check the harness and pins with a meter)

Gimmyzs2003

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good morning, I have this exact same issue on a 2015 Yukon Denali. Any chance you were able to pin point the issue and determine what the fix was? The dealership told my wife was some sort of fuse or wiring issue in the engine, wanted $1,500 to fix it. It only happens sporadically, so tough to justify the expense.

Travisab137

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 2015 Yukon Denali. Had the same issue that would happen at least 3 out of five time we drove the car and it would go into limp mode with the click in the dash. I cleaned all four of the wheel speed sensors so far it seems to be fixed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Georgia 4Low