2015 Yukon.. Strange growling noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TorpYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Yukon Denali. Sometimes when I accelerate, there will be a loud growling noise in the rear end that sounds just like a bad Muffler, however, I had the muffler inspected and they said there was nothing wrong with it. Then I took it to the dealership and they thought it might be the transmission when it was shifting but they checked and concluded it was not. Anybody had this experience and know what it could be?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Yukon Denali. Sometimes when I accelerate, there will be a loud growling noise in the rear end that sounds just like a bad Muffler, however, I had the muffler inspected and they said there was nothing wrong with it. Then I took it to the dealership and they thought it might be the transmission when it was shifting but they checked and concluded it was not. Anybody had this experience and know what it could be?

Welcome Chris, how about the rear axle? Have you taken the cover off and changed the fluid lately? Might be a good time to do a visual inspection.

OP
OP
T

TorpYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks. I know very little about vehicle fixes so I will have that checked out.

Stanky

Reaction score
Might be when your AFM kicks in and runs V4 mode. Get the Range AFM disabler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07denaliyuk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’ve got the same in 6l80e tx, ruled out the torque converter, no metal in the oil. Sounds like this and the tach jumps at the same time as the noise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons