2015 Yukon SLT temp gauge at 0 and radiator fan running constantly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dirt71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's very intermittent, I am having the same issue with my 2015 Yukon slt. All fans began running (temp gauge at zero, fans ran when vehicle was turned off and continued to run when restarted) I have 166k miles. I replaced the coolent temp sensor and it seemed to have fixed the problem for a couple of weeks. But I've notice that it happens almost every time I adjust the climate control knob. any suggestions?

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's very intermittent, I am having the same issue with my 2015 Yukon slt. All fans began running (temp gauge at zero, fans ran when vehicle was turned off and continued to run when restarted) I have 166k miles. I replaced the coolent temp sensor and it seemed to have fixed the problem for a couple of weeks. But I've notice that it happens almost every time I adjust the climate control knob. any suggestions?
Temp gauge on dash being 0 can be a bad thermostat in this weather

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If the temp gauge is at 0 when the engine is warm, then suspect the ECT sensor or its circuit.

When your issue happens, compare the ECT reading on a scanner with an infrared temp gun reading or two on the engine.

sandyjk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We are in the midst of fixing this. Replace the coolant temperature gauge and the thermostat, then disconnect the battery for a minute or so. Reconnect and you should be good to go!

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
We are in the midst of fixing this. Replace the coolant temperature gauge and the thermostat, then disconnect the battery for a minute or so. Reconnect and you should be good to go!

It's not the gauge, is it really? What about the sensor?

hatinthering

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had exactly the same symptoms (15 Tahoe). Replaced temp sensor, but problem resurfaced a couple weeks later.

The permanent fix was a new thermostat....didn't realize until replacing that I was never really coming up to full temp (gauge straight up), it had always been running on the cool side of normal. Probably confused the computer and threw into default mode of fans on and '0' temp gauge.

Zero issues after replacing thermostat, and gauge points straight up now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu