2015 Yukon Rear Seat DVD - No Power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gslaskin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Yukon with the RSE (Rear Seat Entertainment) system. The screen is totally black and the DVD player up front will not eject the disc that is in there. Seems like it is getting no power. I checked the 10A fuse in the #20 position of the right side fuse block and it looks fine.

Anyone know how to get this system up and running? Sorry if this is an old topic, I tried to search for previous threads on this topic but the search function seemed pretty useless.

Thanks in advance for any help on this topic.

OP
OP
G

gslaskin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Yukon with the RSE (Rear Seat Entertainment) system. The screen is totally black and the DVD player up front will not eject the disc that is in there. Seems like it is getting no power. I checked the 10A fuse in the #20 position of the right side fuse block and it looks fine.

Anyone know how to get this system up and running? Sorry if this is an old topic, I tried to search for previous threads on this topic but the search function seemed pretty useless.

Thanks in advance for any help on this topic.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a thread in another GM Forum that talked about replacing a power ribbon in the DVD player. It even had pictures on how to do the repair and the part number. You may find it doing a Google search. If not PM me and I will provide you with the Forum and where the thread was located. Use: 2015 Yukon "DVD REAR PLAYERS not working" as your Google search.

Last edited:

Johnny Danger

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just ordered the ribbon on Ebay. It was only $5. We just purchased a 15 Denali with the same issue and from what I researched its the ribbon causing it not to power on. I'll update my post as soon as it gets here and I install it.

Johnny Danger

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just an update, replaced the ribbon and still no power to the rear display. I even tried to use the old ribbon and turned it around but no luck. The fuse in the panel is good as well. Starting to think the panel itself is shot. We bought this vehicle used and didnt even realize the RSE didnt work. Sucks because my kiddos really want to watch movies. Any help would be appreciated! If I cant figure it out I will have to buy a whole new unit

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not an electrical person but I wonder if you could pull the fuse panel and make sure you have power to the fuse. You could also try to contact Chris who goes by GTPprix and advertises on this forum at www.gm-navigation.com.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You wouldn't have to pull the fuse box, just check both sides of the fuse girl power. The problem is knowing which fuse it is...

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to the owners manual it is position #20 on the right side dash fuse panel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins