2015 Yukon Mods?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bens08Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I just sold my 08 Tahoe after 250k good miles and upgraded to a 15 Yukon SLT. So far, I’m in love. I wondered if anyone had any mods in mind that were “a must” or if there are any hidden features I need to know about. I heard you can make the DVD player play on the front screen even in motion but I wouldn’t even know where to start to make that happen.

What do you guys recommend?

Photos below:
8903EA25-A51E-497D-B934-0B953DA2CDCB.jpeg 7A3A4AAB-EED7-416C-8E63-B052BAC7C4D8.jpeg

Denali4181

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like your grill has already been upgraded to the Denali so that's awesome.

Might want to look at getting some tint on those front windows and upgrade the fogs.

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don't have the HIDs in the headlights already, definitely upgrade those and do the fogs as Denali said. Best thing I could have done was upgrade the headlights and fog lights to HIDs. The HID lights are usually a bright white as opposed to the slight yellow of the incandescent bulbs. Otherwise mods can be endless. All weather Floor mats, seat covers, steering wheel covers, LED bulbs for all blinkers, side markers etc, tint, lowering kits, engine performance, wheel upgrades etc.

OP
OP
B

Bens08Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you don't have the HIDs in the headlights already, definitely upgrade those and do the fogs as Denali said. Best thing I could have done was upgrade the headlights and fog lights to HIDs. The HID lights are usually a bright white as opposed to the slight yellow of the incandescent bulbs. Otherwise mods can be endless. All weather Floor mats, seat covers, steering wheel covers, LED bulbs for all blinkers, side markers etc, tint, lowering kits, engine performance, wheel upgrades etc.
Which HIDs are folks recommending these days?

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good and pretty loaded - how about tinting those front windows? If you have 2nd row buckets you can add cupholders as door ones dont fit squat. If you are 4x4 and plan to go off you can trim the front air dam and level it out...

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

BMPNUGLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure where your from but if you live in a ‘warmer area’ I HIGHLY recommend a full tint treatment! I actually had 5% put over factory tint on ALL the rear windows, 20% on the front side windows, AND 35% on the windshield. Not only does it look amazing it keeps the interior a lot cooler. Sitting inside the vehicle even at night you can’t tell the difference in visibility- my initial concern with adding tint to the windshield..but literally see no reduction in visibility at night and much reduced eye strain during the day on long drives! I will be adding windshield tint to all future vehicles - and most likely a little darker even at prob 20%.

BMPNUGLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Of you don’t already have HIDs (which I believe you would have w a Yukon) as others mention at a very minimum upgrade your low beam lights! Stock halogen are extremely subpar for these vehicles! Also a good set of 6000K 80W LED fog bulbs make a HUGE difference when the fogs are used!!
I got these and they could easily double as low beams!
https://www.xenondepot.com/PSX26W-led-fog-bulbs-p/xt-led-psx26w-cmb.htm

BMPNUGLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh also...probably the first thing I would address is getting a AFM disabler or have the AFM turned off via a tune - if your past initial warranty mileage id go with the tuner route. Otherwise get a Range AFM Disabler...best investment I made in my Denali and can help avoid future cam/valvetrain issues down the road due to AFM.

https://www.amazon.com/Range-Technology-Active-Management-Disable/dp/B00BR1R8N8

StephenW

Reaction score
Looks good and pretty loaded - how about tinting those front windows? If you have 2nd row buckets you can add cupholders as door ones dont fit squat. If you are 4x4 and plan to go off you can trim the front air dam and level it out...

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

What cup holder mod are you talking about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011