2015 Yukon Maintenance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonTy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What do you guys think of what they want to charge for these items, picture shows costs?

Have 85K miles on it. Do I need to have 4wd differential fluid flush?

161B7675-403B-41A9-B107-4E218AA47519.png

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
object sensor and harness you could probably do yourself and save a bit of money, oil & transmission lines can be a real pain in the butt to do but you could do them also if you have a day of free time.

DWTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Tahoe with 80K miles on it also has leaking oil and transmission lines and they want about the same amount to fix. I did some research and the trans line seems like something I can do myself but the oil cooler lines appear to tucked up under the transmission and may be a pain to access. Apparently these lines leaking is a normal occurrence.

I keep checking my oil level and trans fluid levels but they don't seem to ever be low so at least it's not an emergency for me yet.

I'd also be curious what everyone thinks are the main items that "must" be serviced soon.

ChrisYukon

Reaction score
Is your truck leaving oil or transmission fluid spots or showing their levels dropping? If not, I’d doubt that it’s a necessary repair.

OP
OP
YukonTy

YukonTy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
object sensor and harness you could probably do yourself and save a bit of money, oil & transmission lines can be a real pain in the butt to do but you could do them also if you have a day of free time.

Thanks, gonna look into doing it myself.

OP
OP
YukonTy

YukonTy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My Tahoe with 80K miles on it also has leaking oil and transmission lines and they want about the same amount to fix. I did some research and the trans line seems like something I can do myself but the oil cooler lines appear to tucked up under the transmission and may be a pain to access. Apparently these lines leaking is a normal occurrence.

I keep checking my oil level and trans fluid levels but they don't seem to ever be low so at least it's not an emergency for me yet.

I'd also be curious what everyone thinks are the main items that "must" be serviced soon.

My oil levels also seem to be good. I'd also be interested on what are considered "must" services.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
“Must” would depend on how badly they’re leaking. Ask for pictures if you haven’t already picked up your vehicle. I generally wait until drips are forming. My wife’s Yukon is almost there on the transmission lines.

As far as the four wheel drive, I’d recommend the transfer case every 50k and differentials every 100k.

TerryKing

Reaction score
GM Tech I know said those lines always weep just a little; something about the crimping process wasn't quite right.
Dealers always want to do that replacement. When I said no they cut the prices in half.. but I still didn't do it. Much later I had unrelated transmission problem and replacement; They did the lines then to "Guarantee the Transmission"..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu