2015 Yukon lift gate/window buttons not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AspTX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello! I have a 2015 Yukon SLT. I bought it used in 2016 and since I’ve owned it, I can walk up to the back and passively open the lift gate and window buttons without needing the car to be unlocked first. As long as my fob is on me, the buttons work. It still worked with zero issues after I got hit.

My car just got out of the shop after being rear ended. Minimal damage but they had to do some bumper work. Now the lift gate and window buttons won’t open without the car being unlocked first - the fob and interior buttons still work with no issue.

When you push the lift gate buttons, the lights flash like it will open but nothing happens.

The body shop can’t figure out what’s wrong with it. I haven’t really seen an issue like this on any forums and I’m running out of ideas to get this working again. Thanks!

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Insurance company, body shop and Dealer service department if necessary need to figure it out. It needs to work like it did before the accident. Good luck.