2015 Yukon Front Door Handle Removal (with the unlock button)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David hall

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've watched the videos on replacing the door handles but they are showing the rear handles only. For the front door handles, there's an exposed T20 fastener in the door jam which I can remove (it doesn't fall out like the rear ones do) but I can't get the handle free. It's definitely not the same procedure seen in the YouTube videos showing the process to change out the handles.

My rig is a 2015 Yukon Denali with the push button to lock/unlock the vehicle on the handle. Would anyone mind sharing with me the method to remove the front door handle?

THANKS!

Herschel34

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you ever get an answer on this? Looking to do the same on my 2017 tahoe. Any good videos you can point me to?

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've watched the videos on replacing the door handles but they are showing the rear handles only. For the front door handles, there's an exposed T20 fastener in the door jam which I can remove (it doesn't fall out like the rear ones do) but I can't get the handle free. It's definitely not the same procedure seen in the YouTube videos showing the process to change out the handles.

My rig is a 2015 Yukon Denali with the push button to lock/unlock the vehicle on the handle. Would anyone mind sharing with me the method to remove the front door handle?

THANKS!

I can’t remember the source, but there is a YouTube video showing both. Are you going to lighted handles?

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t think it is possible. There’s not enough slack in the door harness to allow you to get to the connector. I ran up against that when I added the illuminated handles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bdbull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is a really old thread, but I ran across it when searching for the same thing as the original poster. Just found this Youtube video that shows how to get to it. I haven't verified this yet, but it looks like it is what we are looking for.

ses_yukon

Reaction score
I know this is a really old thread, but I ran across it when searching for the same thing as the original poster. Just found this Youtube video that shows how to get to it. I haven't verified this yet, but it looks like it is what we are looking for.

Thanks for posting this video. I've been searching YouTube will little luck so this helps out.

It appears he removed the rear handle without taking off the interior door panel or am I missing something?

Anyone know if you need to reprogram the new handles with passive locks to the car and/or FOB?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic