2015 Yukon Denali XL Front Struts Help Mag ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cthom

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Fronts are leaking need to replace. I would like some advice on what to go with. I would like it to be OEM but not the OEM price. I see some on ebay and amazon but would like some input on a brand that will give me an OEM ride. Not trying to lift nor trying to lower the vehicle.

Mavis Tire gave me a quote of $550 to replace the whole assemble both sides...i thought that was kinda cheap. i think they dont know i have the mag ride struts.

The part number on the struts are 23151120 BWI Group

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lot of discussion on this board and several have gone with Arnott, check with Rockauto, Ebay, Amazon.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The shock portion of the strut (the part that goes bad) can be replaced, no need to replace the whole strut
the shock you can find on rockauto for $70-80 each
you just need to match up either the rpo code or the number off of the shock it's self.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The first decision that you need to make is whether or not to retain the Mag Ride specification (Z95). If you keep it, beware of cheap aftermarket replacements, as there is a lot of crap out there, claiming to be original GM parts. The Mag Ride parts are not cheap, so if you find cheap parts claiming to be Mag Ride or Mag Ride equivalent, they probably aren't.

If you decide to delete the Mag Ride specification, there are a number of options out there, but go with a recognized name brand.

OP
OP
C

Cthom

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i want to keep the mag ride what are some good brands out there that will give the OEM ride.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442