2015 XL SLE liberty edition with all the issues... but thanks to this forum

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Notorious Big T, May 16, 2019 at 7:19 AM.

1. Notorious Big T

Notorious Big T TYF Newbie

Name:
    Amado
    driver assist ... check
    Leaking satellite antenna... check
    Defrost solder tab... check
    Brake light led failure ... check
    Ac condenser leak... check
    Broken transfer case... check
    Pillar cover loosening... check

Thanks to my brothers on this site, I have been able to resolve most of these issues myself, or someone here posted how to get the dealer to cover it.

I bought it new in June of 2015, and is the most troublesome vehicle by far. But I love it...

swathdiver and pwtr02ss like this.
  2. gat0r

gat0r Full Access Member

Name:
    Jay
    sorry to hear & dang thats crazy

at least you have been able to resolve the issues.

find your build date... that sounds distinctly like the definition of a fri/mon build ;)

3. Texasdaddy

Texasdaddy Full Access Member

Name:
    Scro
    The design in new body styles isnt the main issue, its the manufacturing process. Takes a couple years to get the kinks out...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

4. cardude2000

cardude2000 Full Access Member

Name:
    Cardude
    Who cares which part of the GM process the blame sits with?

5. gat0r

gat0r Full Access Member

Name:
    Jay
    more like the peeps doing installs just dont typically care

6. BMPNUGLS

BMPNUGLS Full Access Member

Name:
    Tim
    Having personally worked as a mfg engineer and project manager for a tier 1/2 auto supplier and managed a few ‘new model year’ programs....this statement is 110% correct! “Rolling changes” or tweaks are part of manufacturing... sure the concept or model vehicles ‘should’ have most major issues worked out by the time assembly line production kicks off...but once the automakers start receiving bulk parts for assembly that are manufactured from suppliers all over the world (in most cases) your going to see fitment and function issues that have not been identified previously for no other reason than ‘tolerance stacking’ and the ability of those manufacturers to maintain ‘tight production tolerances’. The part of every program that we dreaded the most were the ‘emergency tweaks’ we had to implement and turn around parts to the automakers literally overnight in most instances (to the point of chartering planes to deliver parts!! - or we were contractually bound to ~$5K fine for every minute a shipments was late to their assembly line - even if the root issue was in no way related to our part but the fitment of another tier suppliers part to our part). This can go on for months after the first vehicle is sent down the assembly line - if not years.

Beagleman likes this.