2015 XL Denali Key Fob Programming

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Saw Kyrom

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just did this, had one working fob and bought another on Ebay. Did the 30 minute procedure on my 2015 Denali. Worked like a charm. I did set a 10 minute timer every time. The DIC display did go dark after it says "remote learn pending" but right at 10 mins it shows "press engine start button to learn". No problems here.
Paid $30 for a perfectly fine remote on Ebay (ok it doesn't say GMC on the back, lol) and programmed myself. The stealer was going to charge me $220 for the remote plus $55 to program it. And then people are surprised if we buy from China.

Thanks for the reply Karsten. I attempted the remote programming the same way, setting a timer for 10 mins and even waiting an additional 10 min without any response from the vehicle (dark DIC). I have a 2017 and think I may have read somewhere that GMC disabled this feature 2017+ for security reasons. I'll be really unhappy if I have to lose my car and cash to the dealership for simple fob programming. Where do you keep your new fob and the previously programed fob during this process. Maybe I'm over looking one critical step??? Thanks!

khoysagk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had both fobs laying on the hood till it came time to actually program them. You don't live in Canada do you? Or is your rig from Canada? It says in my manual "this feature is not available in Canada". Other than that I have no clue why yours wouldn't work other than they disabled it like you said. When I originally went to the dealer they did want to see my registration to make sure it's my rig.