2015 to 2020 Tahoe Fender Flares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sting67Ray

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been pretty darn happy with my EGR OE Tahoe Fender Flares. Ours are challenging flares because the rear flares are actually 2 pieces instead of 1, due to the rear doors.
They come flat black ABS plastic, slightly textured but not much. Had mine sanded, primed and painted black to match the Tahoe.
I've removed them several times, also testing a new flare weather strip liner this winter. All-in-all: happy

Manufacturer website: https://egrusa.com/products/fender-flare/2008

Better image. Shows rear flare pieces better and plain black (as shipped): https://www.gmpartsstore.com/oem-parts/gm-fender-flare-set-by-egr-19417232?origin=pla

View attachment 394525 View attachment 394526
Can you tell us how they attach? Is there double sided tape?

Sting67Ray

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just put them on mine, they’re on the Chevy performance accessories website. EGR fender flares. Very easy install, no drilling.
Can you tell me how they install since you said no drilling? Do they use factory holes or are they stick on?

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apologies for late reply!
Yes, they ARE fairly simple to install. The EGR OE flares come with all needed hardware and edging that sticks on.
There is some 3M tape also included, that goes on the outer edges of the rear flares. All in the provided instructions.
No drilling required. The screws holding in the wheel well liners are removed (not all) and the flare hardware is installed and then liner screw put back in.
Then the flares connect to the installed hardware with small screws and fiber washers.
I'm just getting ready to take mine off and do a clay bar job. Then reinstall. This will be the 3rd time I've done that.
FYI - I installed a small strip of clear protective vinyl wrap along the Tahoe body where the fender flares make contact. It is not very easy to see the PPF, but it does provide some extra paint protection from the movement of the flares. Or dirt and debris that might get stuck in between body and flare. These things don't have a 100% strong connection to the body, but pretty darn good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts