2015 Tahoe Z-71 towing capacity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Foye

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking at 2015 Tahoe Z71 4x4 with a 3.42 axle ratio. The dealer tells me this has a standard (6400#) tow package but I am thinking that it might have a Max (8400#) tow package since it has the 3.42 axle ratio instaed of the 3.08. What I am trying to get an answer to is what is the towing capacity of this vehicle. It is a Range Rover dealer that hasn't a clue about chevy specs. Is there some way I can tell? In other esearch I found that you cannot get the max tow package without the 3.42 axle ratio. Is the opposite true that you could have a 3.42 ratio and still have the standard tow package? Bottom line for me is that I am looking for one with the max tow package.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look on the inside drivers door jam. It will give you the numbers. Ask the dealer to take a pic and send it. On line it says 8400 pounds which is your total including the trailer and what’s in it. Your GVWR is your truck and all in it. It didn’t specify axle ratio so get that from sticker.

Last edited: