2015 Tahoe will not shift into any gear.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Veloxrev

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My wife was 2 minutes from home in the early morning with the 2015 4WD Tahoe.
She pulled up to a light and stopped without shifting. When she went to go, the Tahoe was in neutral and luckily started coasting on a slight downhill into a gas station. It would not engage in any gear or 2WD, Auto, 4WD or 4WD L.
I checked fuses,, fluids, and generally scratched my butt. After 30 minutes while waiting for a tow truck, I tried one more time and it started working. It almost has to be something electrical, but now we can’t trust it. Any ideas or other similar experiences?
edit Later in the day I put it into 2wd and pulled a small trailer across town. It shifted very harsh and would only shift from 1st to 4th. I was afraid to even try something else until I got home. I then unhooked the trailer and put it in Auto. It ran come perfectly and smooth.

Last edited:

Jesusb432

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, did you by any chance figure out this problem? I'm currently in the same situation..
My wife was 2 minutes from home in the early morning with the 2015 4WD Tahoe.
She pulled up to a light and stopped without shifting. When she went to go, the Tahoe was in neutral and luckily started coasting on a slight downhill into a gas station. It would not engage in any gear or 2WD, Auto, 4WD or 4WD L.
I checked fuses,, fluids, and generally scratched my butt. After 30 minutes while waiting for a tow truck, I tried one more time and it started working. It almost has to be something electrical, but now we can’t trust it. Any ideas or other similar experiences?
edit Later in the day I put it into 2wd and pulled a small trailer across town. It shifted very harsh and would only shift from 1st to 4th. I was afraid to even try something else until I got home. I then unhooked the trailer and put it in Auto. It ran come perfectly and smooth.
Hello, did you by any chance figure out this problem? I'm currently in the same situation..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons