2015 Tahoe..Upper Valve Cover Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dale267

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a nusiance oil leak. The dealer said it was coming from the upper valve cover. They said you have to remove a few things to get to it and quoted $1200. Has anyone else experienced this leak and did you get repaired.

OP
OP
D

Dale267

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a nusiance oil leak. The dealer said it was coming from the upper valve cover. They said you have to remove a few things to get to it and quoted $1200. Has anyone else experienced this leak and did you get repaired.
It is on a 2015 Tahoe

Tiredmechanic23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not that much to remove. Plastic covers, coils, breather lines to start. Probably have to move push the harness out the way a bit but no biggie. If its pass side the 2 heater lines run over it and may give enough for removal but could also need removed at the heater core connections. Valve covers are pretty easy. How many hours of labor are they quoting?

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score

Are you talking about the valley pan cover or the valve cover, the price cost seems about right for the valley pan cover R&R. I personally would do the work and save $1200 bucks.

OP
OP
D

Dale267

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They called it the upper valve cover. I think it was around 8 hours they quoted.
The service rep seemed embarrassed to quote $1200 and hinted it could be done cheaper but said they needed to remove a lot of items to make sure they could do it right.
Others might not remove everything and try to squeeze the cover out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon