2015 Tahoe - Touchscreen has mind of it's own

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

testhomer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2015 Tahoe LTZ. Wondering if anyone has seen this before. Taken it to 2 dealers. Shown them videos of the issue occurring. Since there are no codes being thrown and they have never seen it occur while the vehicle is in the shop they say there is nothing they can do. They have upgraded the touch screen to the "latest" version and that hasn't done anything to help it. I have also had issues with the touchscreen where it goes completely non-responsive to touch but I can still change the stations using the steering wheel controls. I have another 9 months left on the 3 year/36k warranty. Hoping someone here has seen it and can tell me what part this more than likely is. i'm getting tired of the runaround from the dealers.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
either it is not mounted properly and something is "touching" the screen or it's defective or you have a short in your steering controls making it happen, I would start by disconnecting the steering controls and see if the problem still occurs, if it does, the try removing any trim around it and see if it still occurs, if it does then have it replaced. doesn't matter if they haven't "seen" it before it not supposed to do that. put your foot down.

OP
OP
T

testhomer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
either it is not mounted properly and something is "touching" the screen or it's defective or you have a short in your steering controls making it happen, I would start by disconnecting the steering controls and see if the problem still occurs, if it does, the try removing any trim around it and see if it still occurs, if it does then have it replaced. doesn't matter if they haven't "seen" it before it not supposed to do that. put your foot down.

Thanks for the quick response. Your steps seem logical. I guess what I am wondering if most of the "smarts" of the touchscreen are the actual unit itself of if there is a computer module that could be the culprit? Has anyone seen this "toggling" of the 2 screens before(without anything being pressed on the screen or the steering wheel)?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. Your steps seem logical. I guess what I am wondering if most of the "smarts" of the touchscreen are the actual unit itself of if there is a computer module that could be the culprit? Has anyone seen this "toggling" of the 2 screens before(without anything being pressed on the screen or the steering wheel)?
I have seen it before on different brands due to defective touchscreen, but you should troubleshoot other possibilities first just to be sure.

bradrmorris

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2015 Tahoe LTZ. Wondering if anyone has seen this before. Taken it to 2 dealers. Shown them videos of the issue occurring. Since there are no codes being thrown and they have never seen it occur while the vehicle is in the shop they say there is nothing they can do. They have upgraded the touch screen to the "latest" version and that hasn't done anything to help it. I have also had issues with the touchscreen where it goes completely non-responsive to touch but I can still change the stations using the steering wheel controls. I have another 9 months left on the 3 year/36k warranty. Hoping someone here has seen it and can tell me what part this more than likely is. i'm getting tired of the runaround from the dealers.

Did you ever get this fixed? We are having the same exact problem with our 2017.

JimmyNutz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem with my 2017 Tahoe. The touchscreen works intermittently and occasionally the menu control knob doesn't work while using CarPlay making the whole thing useless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2