2015 Tahoe Rear Window Defroster Tab Repair

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Walkthesky

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys. The title of the thread says it all. I tried to solder it back but I think it didn’t take cuz it’s only 35 degrees out. Saw the epoxy method online however a lot of bad feedback with adhesion and continuity. Has anyone here had success with this repair? Next try for me is heat up interior of car and try to solder from inside. Thanks!

Matt

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hate to dig up a dead thread but I’m also in the market for frost fighter. The problem is before I found this recommendation I already glued it on with the cheap stuff from auto zone and it definitely didn’t fix the problem. How do I remove the glue without breaking my window?

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on our 2012, i did the epoxy repair and it worked just fine.

i idi do it in the heat of southern summers.

greenhornet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I repaired mine ,I just re tinned the terminal and quickly re tinned the spot on the glass then quickly touched the soldering gun to the 2 parts and as soon as the solder melted I pulled the gun away and it works perfect.Just do not hold the gun on to long or it will wreck the tab on the glass.

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I repaired mine ,I just re tinned the terminal and quickly re tinned the spot on the glass then quickly touched the soldering gun to the 2 parts and as soon as the solder melted I pulled the gun away and it works perfect.Just do not hold the gun on to long or it will wreck the tab on the glass.
That's what I did on our 07 Tahoe back in the day. I'm by no means very good with soldering gun, but even I was able to pull off the fix. Probably not going to work in cold weather, though. Just like OP figured out couple of years ago.

badbrad10

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Soldered with silver solder, lasted until I turned it on the it fell off. Looking local parts store permTex something. Heard bad reviews. Ordered from Frost fighter n new tab. Worked. Perfect, think I will add some epoxy or JB weld to make sure it never comes off again. -34 c in Canada tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011