2015 tahoe power steering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lthode

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2015 tahoe lt. Today while driving down the road my steering wheel locked up and I couldn't steer. Lights in my dash flashed and my screen said service power steering drive carefully. I got my car to the house googled some information found they in fact did do a recall on the 2015 tahoe for this very problem, sudden loss of power steering. I contacted the dealership locally and they ran my vin number and said there were no recalls on my exact car for this. I contacted chevrolet they will not cover this. Has anyone else had these issues?? Why will they not cover mine as a recall when in fact has the same issue all the other 2015s did that they recalled?!?!?!

Help please!

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe try or call a different dealer, not all are the same.

a good one will work w/ you & get it taken care of

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2015 tahoe lt. Today while driving down the road my steering wheel locked up and I couldn't steer. Lights in my dash flashed and my screen said service power steering drive carefully. I got my car to the house googled some information found they in fact did do a recall on the 2015 tahoe for this very problem, sudden loss of power steering. I contacted the dealership locally and they ran my vin number and said there were no recalls on my exact car for this. I contacted chevrolet they will not cover this. Has anyone else had these issues?? Why will they not cover mine as a recall when in fact has the same issue all the other 2015s did that they recalled?!?!?!

Help please!

Wow. That’s...insane. And insanely dangerous.

Call GM.

DICK4SHORT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I lost all power steering [yes all of it]yesterday going to work .I googled 2015 tahoe loss of power steering and saw RECALL. Called Local Chevy Dealer Told them I lost all Power Steering they looked me up W/my name and said when can you bring it in. I Left work early to get to dealer I had reduced power steering and same warnings on dashboard after a friend at my work cleared 4 codes V0121 V0121 V0121 U0415 which I don't know what they mean but anyways drove to Dealer with reduced power steering,which is much easier to drive with then no power steering. They performed recall 18289 after scanning with the happy stick.The print out sheet of codes which 1 OF THE 6 CODES allowed them to perform recall [they didn't give me that copy of codes] Showed it to me claiming they would need $100 for the other CODES/problems for the initial service/Looksee. Told them when the power steering went out I got service power steering+ trailer brakes + suspension along w/red brake +yELLOW ABS light and that I DIDN'T HAVE THOSE PROBLEMS UNTIL MY POWER STEERING WENT OUT Not sure what they actually did except clear codes and reprogram PSCM. I didn't get 2 blocks away before reduced power steering came up on dash? Concerned I called 1-800-222-1020 Chevy Cust. Serv. Got escalation # after telling my concerns to the rep.she told me I would be contacted in a day or Two. Hopefully I'll get call back on day 2.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome to electric steering, no thanks, the next step in that game is for police/hackers/big brother to just take over your steering/braking/engine via satellite/wifi/cellular, etc
I read or heard somewhere that GM's prediction for the future is no one will own a car and everyone will "share" them so of course they have to make sure they can have full control.
no I don't need a tin foil hat everything is already headed that way just take a look around, you have assisted parking, assisted cruise, lane assist, electric steering, electric controlled brakes, there isn't much else needed the camera's are already in. It's just a matter of time.....

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cars, like everything else it seems, are going to "subscription services."

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Electric power steering is a requirement on the hybrid vehicles since the technology utilizes autostop for the ICE. Unfortunately the electric power systems may not last as long as predicted (said they tested them equal to 1.2 million miles yeah right LOL). I have a 2009 that I actually thought had a frozen upper ball joint until I pulled the wheel and disconnected the tierod the noise is actually in the electric power steering mechanism. Dang it now my weekend is shot figuring this thing out and ordering parts.
Check out this youtube the noise is very loud and excruciating

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan