2015 Tahoe LTZ Rough Ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

donn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The rough ride issue has been resolved. Arnott does make a bypass kit that allows you to replace the Mag Ride shocks with standard shocks. However, Arnott does not offer this kit for vehicles later than 2014. After much research I found a company that offers shock and ride height simulators that allows you to replace those worthless Mag Ride shocks with any standard shock without throwing a suspension code. Xineering.com offers a full kit $425.00 for four wheels and a half kit at $260.00 for two wheels. I purchased the full kit and installed AC Delco standard shocks. I had done just about everything that would have anything to do with the ride and nothing I did had any effect. NOW my Tahoe rides like a $75,000 vehicle. It wasn't a cheap fix but it was worth every penny. AC Delco front shocks 540-1675 rear air shocks 540-1676. I ordered them through rockauto.com.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rough ride issue has been resolved. Arnott does make a bypass kit that allows you to replace the Mag Ride shocks with standard shocks. However, Arnott does not offer this kit for vehicles later than 2014. After much research I found a company that offers shock and ride height simulators that allows you to replace those worthless Mag Ride shocks with any standard shock without throwing a suspension code. Xineering.com offers a full kit $425.00 for four wheels and a half kit at $260.00 for two wheels. I purchased the full kit and installed AC Delco standard shocks. I had done just about everything that would have anything to do with the ride and nothing I did had any effect. NOW my Tahoe rides like a $75,000 vehicle. It wasn't a cheap fix but it was worth every penny. AC Delco front shocks 540-1675 rear air shocks 540-1676. I ordered them through rockauto.com.

Nice work! Did you replace just the strut in the front or did it come with spring and fully complete to just bolt in? I'm considering new struts and shocks for our 15 SLT and prefer to install the complete front assembly versus using the old springs.

3stgstocker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

3stgstocker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So when you went to the regular front struts instead of the magnaride n ordered the ac delco stuff did u use all the springs n stuff off the magnaride struts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe