2015 Tahoe LTZ..High beams aimed right?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ReaperHWK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Tahoe LTZ with factory HID's.

I upgraded the D3S bulbs to some 6000k ones, and I adjusted the low beams for the proper aiming/cutoff. That's all good. I also installed LED high beam bulbs as well.

I notice that when I put on my high beams, the driver side high beam light is projected right above horizontal(therefore looks correct) but the passenger high beam is shooting up about 30 degrees hitting the trees. Is this the way it's supposed to be? On my other cars the high beams(both driver and passenger) are projecting the same. I'm using the same type LED bulb in those cars as well.

Before I start replacing bulbs, is this the way it's supposed to be(meaning the passenger high beam aims higher than the driver?)

I also see that there is no adjustments for the high beam in the manual. Is there any way to adjust the high beams if it is indeed not a bulb issue?

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
to my knowledge, the entire housing will move when adjusted.

are you certain that the bulb is correctly seated in the housing ???

Which bulb are you using ?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The position of the LED within the housing is critical to obtain the correct light beam pattern. Some LED units are adjustable with small set screws that allow you to rotate the LED itself within its connector assembly, so that you can obtain the correct final LED position after insertion and locking into the housing.

For most LED headlights, the LEDs need to be located as close to the 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock positions as possible, in order to have the proper light beam pattern. I just completed another installation of LED headlights (dual high/low beam conversion from halogen bulbs), and the adjustment of the LEDs to the proper position made a HUGE difference in achieving the proper light beam pattern.

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
most likely the bulb is not inserted correctly if the low beam is aimed correctly and the high beam is not.
to answer your question, NO both left & tight should be precisely the same one is not intended to be shooting light in another direction. Also it is not possible to aim the high beam separate from the low beam in any circumstance unless you did some form of retro-fit to the oem housing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9