2015 Tahoe LTZ front shocks leaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WDTSuburban15

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got no where with gm customer service. The funny part was after the conversation they wanted my name and address. I told them you have my vin that’s enough don’t bother sending me a survey lol. So I bought all the parts I needed off of gmpartsdirect and dropped them off at the dealership as the dealership wanted almost double the price on the parts alone. This is a job I know I could do myself but I figured there had to be some programming of the MRC so I was at the mercy of the dealership for labor. That being said problem solved. The ride is significantly better and the horrid front end rattle is now gone. It was so bad that the z71 Silverado ltz I had as a rental rode better. I hope they get this MRC figured out or eliminated for the next generation. Love the suburban but not happy with a shock failure so soon and so costly.

Here’s my parts list
28253A78-BA89-400A-AF8C-72BDE893D04B.jpeg

mark warren

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Just had my 2015 Tahoe LTZ in for oil change and they found oil leakage from my front Magnetic ride shocks. ONLY 50,000 miles. Just out of certified warranty. Cost was around $1,400. Contacted GM and they asked me to pay $800. Very disappointed in my, over $50,000, SUV that needs this amount of work this soon. anyone else had these issues?

Thanks
Chad
63k and both of mine are leaking bad....HORRIBLE RIDE now that they're both depleted! What did you go back with as a replacement????

Premier bitch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That's horrible if the shocks only last that long. I sure hope the 17 and newer ones have a longer service life....
I have a 2017 Tahoe Premier with 14,000 miles on it and my left strut is leaking!! I also have already had the fuel pump replaced and the fuel injectors in the last 6 months! I love this truck but this is really disheartening that I spent $80k on a vehicle that seems to be falling apart :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts