2015 Tahoe LTZ aftermarket amp and sub install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NathanSMSU

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Over the next few weeks I'll be putting a single 12' sub in a ported box that will fit behind the 3rd row seat. At this point everything has been ordered and the box came in today. I wanted to start a thread to document my journey and allow feedback/suggestion of those whose foot steps I'm following.

Equipment:
12' ported box - Q-POWER QBOMB12VL Single 12" Vented Ported Car Subwoofer Sub Box Enclosure QBOMB
Purchased from ebay at this auction
Price $69.99

12' Sub - MEMPHIS PRX12D4 12" SUB 500W MAX DUAL 4-OHM CAR AUDIO SUBWOOFER BASS SPEAKER NEW
Price $124.99

250w Amp -Older version of this New Memphis 16-SRX1.250 500 Watt Max Car Monoblock Sub Amplifier +Bass Knob A/B
Price $99.99

Lineout Convertor - Lineout Convertor-adjustable 80 watt
Purchased from Walmart at this link
Price $19.95

Scosche Amp Wiring Kit - I can't find the official link on their site..
Purchased from Walmart at this link
Price $24.98

Speaker Wire - 12 feet of Subwoofer speaker wire

I wanted a box that I could fit behind the 3rd row with the seat up in the times I have a full car load. Most of the time I'm sure I'll have the seat down. The box I have listed above fits perfectly with the sub facing up and the port facing the passenger side.

I'm not 100% sure yet where I'll tie in to get signal. My Tahoe has the factory sub installed so maybe pull the signal from that line? There is a pretty good set of videos on a 2015 Sierra at this link. Any thoughts here are much appreciated.

Here is a picture of the box sitting in the back right now:
View media item 25585
Any places to buy some OEM looking carpet?

Last edited:

LGSONE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
20160116_143757.jpg AmpX1.jpg

Here is where you will get your sub audio from, pins 1 and 5 the top connector on the BOSE amp. Also if you look at my Audison Full active post there are a bunch of pic's

LGSONE

OP
OP
NathanSMSU

NathanSMSU

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
LGSONE - Thanks! Just got done running through your thread. Do you know if they tied into the signal near the amp (below console) or if they did it behind the stereo deck?

LGSONE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the output side of the amp in the back left of the truck. All your signals will come post amp, preamp is MOST / GMLAN29

LGSONE

OP
OP
NathanSMSU

NathanSMSU

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Oh....I was thinking to grab signal in the front, either from the back of the head unit or the harness on the amp. I've not done a ton of research yet...is the amp in the rear as you stated above? Is it okay to grab signal post amp, or should I get it pre?

LGSONE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pre is all digital so you will have to get it post. You have an LTZ so you might have the 10 speaker system and noise canceling mic's. You might have to disconnect mic's due to feedback and you will have some additional outputs on the amp output harness. Your amp should be in the rear, pull the jack cover off and it should be behind the fuse block.

LGSONE

OP
OP
NathanSMSU

NathanSMSU

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I I captain....good information! Next question is how do I disable the mic's? Will it be pretty obvious on the feedback part?...and yes I do have the 10 speaker bose system.

rattmobbins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pre is all digital so you will have to get it post. You have an LTZ so you might have the 10 speaker system and noise canceling mic's. You might have to disconnect mic's due to feedback and you will have some additional outputs on the amp output harness. Your amp should be in the rear, pull the jack cover off and it should be behind the fuse block.

LGSONE

Ugh, you have to disable the noise canceling mics to add an amp and sub to the factory Bose system? That sucks. Really want to add some bass in my Escalade but don't want to disable my noise cancelation. I like my tomb quiet truck. :(

LGSONE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can try it without disabling but two shops I visited both noted feedback issues. Hushmat is your friend. Big difference with just that plus these trucks come with more than most for factory dampening. A friend has a POS civic he refuses to retire, that thing is like a tomb with the dampening he has.

LGSONE

OP
OP
NathanSMSU

NathanSMSU

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The Amp and Sub came in today...I'm not sure if I'll attempt the install this weekend, or wait until next. I'm guessing around 6 hours to get a clean looking install with cables nice and tidy. I have 16ft of power cable, but not sure that will be enough after I run it across the front, down through the firewall, and all the way to the rear. I haven't tore into anything yet, but I hope to mount the amp near the factory one in the rear, much like LGSONE did in his "Audison Full active post".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094