2015 Tahoe LS stumped with Radio Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

falconK

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone 1st post alert from scouring this forum for assistance.

I have a bench seat in the front and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to remove the radio. Every post I have found by searching shows how to remove if you have a center counsel but not with a bench seat.

Anyone else have experience removing the radio bezel??? Any help would be greatly appreciated, pics would be a huge help as well.

Thank you!
Hi,
Could I be the only one who has a bench seat up front??
You certainly are not the only one with a front bench seat. I have the exact same thing. My vehicle is a 2015 Tahoe PPV (this might be the reason why I have a front bench).
The same as you, I spent a lot of time fighting the trim under the radio, I needed to access behind the cigarette lighter, which is mounted on the trim under the radio.
I looked around on line for a lot of hours, and looked at the damn thing from every angle (so I thought), and found no way to pop that thing out.
After a couple months, last night I gave it another try, but this time it occurred to me to unfold the center back so I could put my head down directly in front of the thing, and with the help of a flashlight VOILA!, I found 2 deep holes where 2 hex screws were hiding. I could have swear that I had looked all around the thing and those holes were not there before, but since they are deep those are not visible from anywhere unless your eyes are directly in front of them.
Once I removed those 2 hex screws, I just pulled the trim with both hands and the trim popped right out YAYYY!!
I'll try to upload a picture if I can to illustrate, but my trim looks 100% identical to yours.

Attachments

• taho pic.jpg
    taho pic.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 10

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is a aftermarket radio install video but the process to access/remove/replace the oem radio should be pretty much the same for trucks and suv's with a bench seat

OP
OP
SunDvl83

SunDvl83

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
WOW!!! I literally had to step away from trying to get the counsel off due to the amount of frustration but Falcon you nailed it!! I now see it as I flipped up the middle seat and now see what you see.

Thank you x a MILLION!!!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2