2015 Tahoe lowered on Belltech 2/4 rear sag

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe you’d get them separately but @iamdub may know a setup where they come together. If not, a call to Belltech or McGaughy should get it done. They can also help with shock extenders or any other do-dads.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, the 5305 coils drop about 4" so the 1" spacer would net a 3" drop. You should be okay with just the shock extenders, unless you carry heavy loads. You may or may not need to do the free travel mod. Hard to say with the K2xx cuz they sit up so high from the factory. If you have ALC, you wanna mark where the sensor is before you lower it so you can adjust the links afterwards to put the sensor back on the marks you made. Otherwise, the ALC will try to air up the rear end to lift it back up to it's stock height, lessening your drop and making the ride really stiff.

I recommend a ~3/4" rake for aerodynamics and loading purposes. But, it's up to you. Also, having it level by the fender measurements may not look level to the eye due to the shape of the body. Some say with it level, it actually looks like the rear is sagging and having the rear slightly higher made it look level. I say it's personal preference and perception, but I had to mention that.

Relly rell

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got the 2/3 and it’s slightly higher in back. I think you can use a spacer to raise it vs buying new springs or dropping the front more.

Will this help with a 07 ltz ...with arnott rear shocks that seems like is bouncing on the spring when going over bumps

Relly rell

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry to thread hack ...I'm looking for info with a similar problem ...I have a 07 LTZ 2/3 drop...I'm using arnott 2700 in the rear ..when driving it feels like the rear is being thrown around as if I'm aggressively bouncing off the spring it dont seems as if the shock is dampening..question is before I get a refund from arnott and go insane because I no longer have height adjustments will installing a Spencer help..... I believe the shock doesn't not have a travel room ....

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That shock is a passive shock so you've lost the Auto/Mag Ride by changing to it so it probably just feels different than it did before.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you get shock extenders? They restore full travel.

Last edited:

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That, too. The McGaughy’s have the most drop and keep the shock close to the stock length with a 3” drop.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used their 3” springs and didn’t use extenders at first but the ride seemed rough so I got them and it’s better though I still have original shocks with 135k that I’ll be replacing this spring.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The spacer will just compress the spring a little more.

Naw, man! Saying that is like saying you stepping up on a cinder block will only make you bend your legs but your head will be at the same height as if you were flat on the ground with your legs locked straight.