2015 Tahoe lowered on Belltech 2/4 rear sag

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tekaga

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi new to the forum

I recently had installed the belltech #1019 kit with a 2/4 drop. My SUV has autoride.

I am noticing the car when left overnight, the rear end drops lower and then after I turn my car on it looks fine. Are my rear shocks going bad? I didnt notice this before the suspension install however now every morning, the SUV has the cali lean. The compressor kicks on for like ten seconds and I dont hear it after that.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi new to the forum

I recently had installed the belltech #1019 kit with a 2/4 drop. My SUV has autoride.

I am noticing the car when left overnight, the rear end drops lower and then after I turn my car on it looks fine. Are my rear shocks going bad? I didnt notice this before the suspension install however now every morning, the SUV has the cali lean. The compressor kicks on for like ten seconds and I dont hear it after that.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum.
What are the specifics of your vehicle?
Make, model, year, miles, trim options?

How old are the current rear shocks? Air compressor?

You could have a leak in your air shocks or a weak pressure regulator in your air compressor.

It is not unusual for the rear ended to settle a little overnight, but not sure how much yours is settling. Have you measured the height at night and then measured it again in the morning?

OP
OP
T

tekaga

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine is a 2015 LT with the tow package. 63k on the clock. Original shocks but new springs from the lowering kit. The SUV was lowered just this last week. Before then, I did not notice the sag at all but after the lowering kit, it is now settling lower and then when I start the car it raises back up.

I am planning to spray some soapy water to see if the air line connections may be leaking. I will try taking the measurements today to see what the change is.

Cantrepeat

Reaction score
I installed the same kit but I used the 1 inch rings in the back as well. My 2019 has auto ride with the magnetic shocks. I don't remember off hand what that combo is called in the RPO codes. I think the auto ride name changed in 2019 but from what I've read it's the same kit with just a new name. Probably for advertisement reasons.

belltech3.jpg

I used the Belltech supplied aluminum threaded rods for the auto ride to replace the stock ones on the rear. I believe they are a little short and I'll probably fabricate some myself.

All in all I think it sits pretty well.

Last edited:

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did your kit come with shock extenders? If so how long are they? How do you address the actuators?

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2/4 kit always looks lower in the rear to me. The 2/3 is the way to go.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the 2/3 and it’s slightly higher in back. I think you can use a spacer to raise it vs buying new springs or dropping the front more.

73Vetteman

Reaction score
The 2/4 kit always looks lower in the rear to me. The 2/3 is the way to go.
i also have a 2015 LT that I installed the same rear springs on. Those original trailer tow springs were very stiff and the Belltechs improved the ride considerably.
Your auto leveling air shocks are compensating for low rear vehicle height and as a result are making a stiffer ride. You can adjust the rods so the shocks dont raise the vehicle but I think you agree that the rear sits about 1" too low at rest. ( It is normal for the shocks to gradually relax overnight and if they hold the height without the pump cycling during driving, there is no leak or problem with them).
I suggest you buy the 1" spacers and instal them under the springs like i did. Then the rear will sit at the correct height without assistance from the air shocks. The rear will sit 1" higher at rest as well as when driving.

73Vetteman

Reaction score
I should mention to those thinking about lowering your Tahoe that if you don't keep the rear slightly higher than the front, the roofline will look like it slopes down in the rear. Also, you lose some of the view out of the rear view mirror.
I agree with Big Mama and 91RS that a 2" /3" drop looks better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu