2015 Tahoe Disco lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gavenger

Reaction score
So we started noticing that whenever my wife or I depressed the brake pedal the 2nd and 3rd row reading lights would strobe on and off once. Really annoying at night as they are quite bright. Like there's a photographer in the back seat with the flash on.

Took it to dealer and they were able to replicate it. They called GM Tech Support and we're told that GM is aware of the issue but no fix has been found yet. So we get to live with this until they find an electrical gremlin :-(

OP
OP
G

Gavenger

Reaction score
Update - still happening although now it is all 3 rows of the interior lights when depressing brake pedal. They also flash when activating the left turn signal. Just got it back from dealer and GM still has no fix and we were told to deal with it.

GM Engineers say it is related to a programming issue. I would think there would be more people complaining if that was the case. Is anyone else experiencing this and I missed it?

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, you're being remarkably calm about this. Given how you describe what happens when driving the car at night this seems like a significant safety issue. After all, the moment you hit the brakes is not the moment you want to have your night vision temporarily reduced.

I'm not usually an advocate of sticking it to the dealer but I would tell them that you're bringing it back in, you expect GM to provide a loaner and that you'll not be picking it back up until it can safely be driven at night.

OP
OP
G

Gavenger

Reaction score
Actually I am planning on calling GM customer service tomorrow. The Chevy dealer has been relatively sincere so far that I can tell. Until proven otherwise I will take them at their word. Now they say that GM Tech Services is the one relaying that their is no fix yet, so I will go to the source and make my complaint their.

As you said this is a safety issue at night and this is primarily my wife's car and she cats around our new well old daughter so I am NOT ok with the GM guy saying they are aware of the issue but to kick the car loose from service and back on the street with safety problems because there is no fix. May tell them to put their family in the car instead of mine.

We shall see tomorrow...

jmitchell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue but I have only noticed it when the reading lights are actually 'ON'. You can actually replicate this at night when you approach the vehicle and unlock it with the key fob. As the interior lights turn on with the unlock you can see the strobe light effect that you describe. Again my issue seems to be related only when the lights are 'ON'.

OP
OP
G

Gavenger

Reaction score
Yeah mine flash 4 out of 5 times you depress the brake pedal. Also 3 or if 4 times now when activating the left turn signal (but not the right signal). The GM technician says it's a programming issue... I call BS on that though.

OP
OP
G

Gavenger

Reaction score
Update #2, called GM and they have opened a case file for the tahoe. Service manager expects an email and will forward to the dealer rep for GM. Looks like I will be in a rental for an undetermined length of time.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Unfortunate, but as long as the dealer takes care of you - things should be alright.

OP
OP
G

Gavenger

Reaction score
Still waiting on a reply to the service manager of the dealer from GM. GM told the dealer they were trying to find a resolution through programming. I have very little faith in that solution, but they can give it a go. Coding can take months to figure out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DP2024