2015 Tahoe brake, suspension, trailer package, stabilization trouble dashboard lights go on and backup camera does not work.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fred47

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This problem started during a 15 mile trip with the 2015 LTZ Tahoe with 80,000 miles. Turned off Tahoe and when restarted lights light up again. Turned off and let set a few minutes, when started lights were off, but came on again shortly. Took to dealer when lights were on. They said they needed to order a module. I called several days later to find progress and they said they could not duplicate problem and wanted to know if they should keep driving to duplicate the problem or did I want to take it to drive and see what happens. I took it. No problem for a week. Then, after a week the lights went on and stayed on for a 5 minutes drive. But did not come on when started 3 hours later. Stayed off, but one day a curb was hit and they blinked on and off. There was no problem for a month. Then while taking Tahoe for a long trip, the lights came on and stayed on so we turned around and went the 30 miles back home and took the Tahoe to a local mechanic. When taking it to the mechanic, we also noticed that the back up camera did not work when these lights were on. We have not heard from the mechanic for a week and the Tahoe was parked where we left it a week ago, so we are going to get it tomorrow and take to another dealership in hopes that they can fix. Any idea what is at fault in this situation? Also, when the lights are on the steering is more difficult to turn.

rdhogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, I hate trying to isolate those kinds of issues. Have you tried to make sure your ground strap/wires from engine to frame are solid and not loose or corroded. Hopefully more members will chime in with more things to check.

Pittz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would replace the battery and the ground cable that is on the battery. Known issues with the ground cable internally going bad. Batteries can do weird things to electronics, even if they show a good charge.

I just encountered this while I was in FL on vacation. A trip to the dealer and $250 in parts fixed my electrical issues. (lights on dash/randomly shutting off/click no start). I have since put 5k miles on without a problem.

Carlos Ruiz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
AGREE. ive replaced the battery and the dealership replaced the negative cable harness

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sowegatahoe87