2015 Tahoe Brake Squeak? Edit: Wheel Bearing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Bighurk

Bighurk

Reaction score
Hello all, I have finally found out what the squeak is coming from. It is actually coming from the rear.

It appears the when I shake my wheel, it loose so I am assuming it is the wheel bearing... I will be taking it to the dealership to get it fixed.

Before I go, anyone had issues with this? This is a 2015 tahoe with 42k miles. How did the wheel bearings become bad?

Also, with standard warranty running out, will this be covered under the power train warranty?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DWTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a rear axle seal replaced and they covered it under the powertrain warranty, I'm fairly positive the bearing is covered as well.

I asked them to check or replace the bearing while they had it all apart but they refused. I have a similar squeak from both rear sides and they said my brakes needed to be replaced. I'm sure I will have to replace those before they believe me that the bearings were a problem. I guess as long as I do it before 100k miles it should be covered.

Please keep us updated if that fixes the issue. Thanks.

OP
OP
Bighurk

Bighurk

Reaction score
I had a rear axle seal replaced and they covered it under the powertrain warranty, I'm fairly positive the bearing is covered as well.

I asked them to check or replace the bearing while they had it all apart but they refused. I have a similar squeak from both rear sides and they said my brakes needed to be replaced. I'm sure I will have to replace those before they believe me that the bearings were a problem. I guess as long as I do it before 100k miles it should be covered.

Please keep us updated if that fixes the issue. Thanks.

Hello Dwtahoe, what year is your tahoe?

OP
OP
Bighurk

Bighurk

Reaction score
So apparently, nothing is wrong with the wheel bearing but it is weird because when I lifted the truck, the back wheel is loose and they said this is normal.