2015 Tahoe blower or supercharged? Next upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In my list is also a big brake kit, my Tahoe 2017 Premier is asking for it. I don’t care if its a front Cadillac brake kit! Have to keen on budget! Exhaust is also concerning, I want a performance quiet good sounding one. Who here suggest long tube headers?
Thanks amigos!
JJB
With the added power you will sure want better braking. I decided $4k for Wilwoods was well worth it especially if it avoided an accident. I also went with long tubes from American Racing and a cam and stall. I’m also lowered with huge sway bars and such. All very worthwhile. I have power, handling, braking all together now and it all works great together making it a blast to drive.

TooMuchTxn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an Edelbrock E-Force supercharger which is their version of a Magnuson TVS2300. It works great and is aesthetically pleasing but the install is a pita compared to a normal maggie install. If I was going to do it again i would just do a regular Maggie.

Having said all that, I coudlnt go back to a tahoe without a supercharger. It makes it feel lighter and of course much more spirited. It feels how I think it SHOULD feel.

Staggered 02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I added ARH headers no cats, Magnaflow catback exhaust, Hotchkis sway bars front and back, Spohn Panhard bar, lower control arms and Wilwoods not exactly in that order. It all came together nicely.

My 02 Silverado is supercharged and is my daily when working out here in Louisiana. The 02 also has long tube headers, sway bar up front (only at the moment), tune, and close to color matched & clear powder coated big brakes (pics below).

The Crew Cab has headers, LSX intake, Tune, Hotchkis sway bars front and back, big brakes. All of them are lost of fun to drive. I've enjoyed the supercharged on for quite a while.

I actually have a brand new never used or installed magnaflow catback exhaust. I'll be selling that sometime soon as it would be great to get some garage space back.

20191001_185919.jpg 20191001_185943.jpg

GlockandRoll

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an Edelbrock E-Force supercharger which is their version of a Magnuson TVS2300. It works great and is aesthetically pleasing but the install is a pita compared to a normal maggie install. If I was going to do it again i would just do a regular Maggie.

Having said all that, I coudlnt go back to a tahoe without a supercharger. It makes it feel lighter and of course much more spirited. It feels how I think it SHOULD feel.
I'm thinking about adding one to my 5.3 2016 Yukon, and wondered if you were still happy with it and recommend it. I'm also considering an STS remote mount turbo kit as well but looks to be a lot more involved of an installation.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
magnuson or whipple seem to be more popular choice, over the e-force

turbo is better if you want more power on top & not much off the line

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW as for the title of the thread, to be clear: Blower=Supercharger not either/or. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons