2015 suburban with autoride only and 4 inch bds lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmtnbiker128

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have done a lot of reading and have not found exactly what I am looking for.
Like stated in subject, I have a 4” BDS non coil lift on order. I have 285 60r20 toyo at3 waiting to put on.
My question is where did you guys get the parts for the autoride setup to extend the rear shocks and the ride height linkage to match the 3” spacer.
Trying to have everything ready for when I get the lift.
Thank you for any help.

F3F05EBB-B00F-4719-93CA-FDAE369DC7C4.jpeg

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'd expect that stuff to be included in their kit.
or be an available accessory option to get from them.

if not, for the ride height linkage... you could go to hardware store & get 2 long machine screws that match yours & cut head off

OP
OP
bmtnbiker128

bmtnbiker128

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i'd expect that stuff to be included in their kit.
or be an available accessory option to get from them.

if not, for the ride height linkage... you could go to hardware store & get 2 long machine screws that match yours & cut head off

Thank you,
BDS does not make a 4” kit with autoride brackets, only on their 6” kits.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all thread for the sensors, and a shock extender isnt hard to come by, but most are not for 4"...but they are easy to fabricate

OP
OP
bmtnbiker128

bmtnbiker128

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
all thread for the sensors, and a shock extender isnt hard to come by, but most are not for 4"...but they are easy to fabricate

thank you,
I am thinking that with a 3” spacer in the rear. I should be able to get a 3” shock extender, possibly?.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, the rods are not hard to make extensions i suppose, but fabricating a rear shock bracket would be a bit tricky for sure. And I am not so sure they are that easy to find. The only one I have found in the past looks like it wouldnt even work as far as I can tell.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
take a good look at both, the sensor ends literally pop off, replace the shaft with a length of all thread...done.

shock extension, not much to those...even with no welder, a single piece of plate and some cardboard to make a template...fold in a vise...for me, i dont see them being that bad. i have made numerous sets of brackets similar to those.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
max trac & a few other companies make shock extenders for lifts. (2-4" range)

may be able to find on amazon too

OP
OP
bmtnbiker128

bmtnbiker128

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
take a good look at both, the sensor ends literally pop off, replace the shaft with a length of all thread...done.

shock extension, not much to those...even with no welder, a single piece of plate and some cardboard to make a template...fold in a vise...for me, i dont see them being that bad. i have made numerous sets of brackets similar to those.

Thank you! I will look into the all thread. What thread pitch and size should I look for?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC