2015 Suburban LTZ - Suspension Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JWAustinVTX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Howdy,

My 2015 LTZ suspension feels terrible. I suspect the it's the front struts. Rides very stiff and kinda bounces with every little bump, like it's completely compressed. Taking it into a local shop Monday for a diagnosis.

Curious if this has been discussed before or if anyone has experienced this. Over the phone the dealer said struts would not be covered under warranty or extended warranty.

TIA

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Sounds like it could be struts and they are a wear item so warranty coverage can be spotty. You did not say how many miles are on the Sub. Never take the word of the dealer as to what is covered in an extended warranty. Get you contract out and read it.

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
replace worn out Shocks with OEM ones that are a match to your vin/build code in the glove box.
While I change my oem to Bilstein 5100's, and people here will tell you that stock are junk and better change to aftermarket, safest and easiest thing to do to get back to as good as new ride is just stock.
all lift/aftermarket suspension, while they give you more control and more dampening won't result in a more confortable ride, what you feel the truck transmitting trought your seat.
Just my 2 cents

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it has been discussed before. Just do a Google search. There may have even been a TSB if I remember correctly for the magnetic ride control. There is a new part number that is suppose to be an updated part. Do not pay Dealer prices. Google search the part number and several sites should pop up, Ebay, Amazon, Rockauto ect, ect. Good luck.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that on the Corvette forum they talked about the magnetic ride control and were able to get the struts replaced with the GMPP extended warranty plan.

JasonK

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
replace worn out Shocks with OEM ones that are a match to your vin/build code in the glove box.
While I change my oem to Bilstein 5100's, and people here will tell you that stock are junk and better change to aftermarket, safest and easiest thing to do to get back to as good as new ride is just stock.
all lift/aftermarket suspension, while they give you more control and more dampening won't result in a more confortable ride, what you feel the truck transmitting trought your seat.
Just my 2 cents

How did the swap to the bilstein's go? I am planning to switch over, but heard there are a few parts from the LTZ that do not work with the Bilstein's all that well - mainly the upper and lower coil mounts. How did you overcome that?

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I couldnt tell you, I had my chevy delaership do it.
My suburban had regular coil suspension, so it was an easy swap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron505