2015 Suburban LT: Installed LTZ grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SmittysTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hey guys, finally swapped out my grill for the much better looking LTZ version. install wasnt too bad once you know what all needs to be removed.

heres a quick pic of my car next to my dads, a before and after if you will...

IMG_4651.jpg

It is indeed the OEM grill and it is indeed plastic, lol. Got it shipped for free to my buddy's body shop from a local dealer. $415. (place linked above was $385 but they wanted $80+ for delivery) Buddy was going to have his guys install it for free but I insisted on giving them a little something. Took them about 30 minutes. Looks great imo.

17259372131_a6d0e86f84_c.jpg

Hello, I am new to the Tahoe / Yukon world. Great thread BYW!! I see the two upgraded grills which I assume are both LTZ grills seem a tad different. Is there a difference because of year? Rmayrap new grill has one chrome rail above the bowtie and two bellow while WBHMSU new grill has two chrome rails above and three bellow? Anyone now the difference here? I am looking to do the same to my 2016 LT. Thank you in advance!!!!

LarryLegado

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, I am new to the Tahoe / Yukon world. Great thread BYW!! I see the two upgraded grills which I assume are both LTZ grills seem a tad different. Is there a difference because of year? Rmayrap new grill has one chrome rail above the bowtie and two bellow while WBHMSU new grill has two chrome rails above and three bellow? Anyone now the difference here? I am looking to do the same to my 2016 LT. Thank you in advance!!!!

Hey Smitty I too have a 2016 LT and came here wondering the same thing. Did you ever find out the difference. Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
Rmayrap

Rmayrap

Full Access Member
Reaction score

There are 2 versions of this grill, both oem. One has more rails than the other. Just a matter of preference. I know the ltz's come from the factory with the more rails version. I prefer the one with less.

SmittysTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Smitty I too have a 2016 LT and came here wondering the same thing. Did you ever find out the difference. Thanks in advance.

I have not found a solid explanation however I think it may be a difference in year for the LTZ???? Im still looking for one....

bigjay003

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Correct explanation
1 upper bar, 2 lower bars are from the LT Z-71 models
2 upper bars, 3 lower bars are from LTZ models !
1st pic black had the Z-71 grill
2nd pic silver (I think) has the LTZ grill
I do see a lot of the Z-71 grills on eBay listed as LTZ grills?
Personally I think the Z-71 grill with less cross bars looks better. JMHO

SmittysTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Correct explanation
1 upper bar, 2 lower bars are from the LT Z-71 models
2 upper bars, 3 lower bars are from LTZ models !
1st pic black had the Z-71 grill
2nd pic silver (I think) has the LTZ grill
I do see a lot of the Z-71 grills on eBay listed as LTZ grills?
Personally I think the Z-71 grill with less cross bars looks better. JMHO

Nice work!!! and I agree about the less bars looks a tad better IMO too... Thx!!! Now I need to go find one..........

bradac

Reaction score
Sorry to bring back and old thread, I just did this mod myself. Was more time consuming than I though being I had to remove he entire bumper and there is just allot of screws to keep track of, it took about 45 mins just to get is dissembled about about half hour to finish it up.

Here is the original LS grille, and the LTZ Chevy accessories grill. Picked up for about $280 on eBay.

021874CC-4E58-412F-978B-6900FBA63B57.jpeg 61E96DD0-2694-4E22-B979-1F18A6FBE969.jpeg

TahoeFL2017

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Grille overlay , 100 bucks on Amazon, 10 minutes to install, I like the look a lot better on my LT.

MVIMG_20190614_171245.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rs401