2015 PPV Tahoe Misfires after Heavy Acceleration

Atlas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I unfortunately have no reputable private mechanic shops in my area. The last one was closed down for tax fraud. Otherwise I would have.

So in the never ending drama of why I hate dealerships. Got an email this morning that my rear axle seals are leaking and needed to be replaced. Called in to ask about it and it had already been done without my approval. Then just got a call now and they are saying after doing all that work with the lifters that the car is still having issues and they think its the catalytic converter being clogged

```````
went to drive truck and when warmed up truck lost power checked everything and found that there is back pressure from cat converters. gets worse as engine warms up. cats appear to be clogged. was unable to drive prior to replacement of lifters
```````

Am now being quoted $2100 to replace the cat. $1600 for the cat and $500 for the labor. My bill went from an estimate of $2800 to over $6000 including tax. Am i being hustled? Never had a single issue with this car till now.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no reason why they can not correctly diagnose the issue...did the engine run excessively HOT and feel like a major struggle to make power ??? that is indicative of a high back pressure issue from clogged cats.

i have had many do this in the past, and you can tell immediately

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I unfortunately have no reputable private mechanic shops in my area. The last one was closed down for tax fraud. Otherwise I would have.
Putting in your location might help as maybe a member here can recommend a good independent mechanic for you.

Atlas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
no reason why they can not correctly diagnose the issue...did the engine run excessively HOT and feel like a major struggle to make power ??? that is indicative of a high back pressure issue from clogged cats.

i have had many do this in the past, and you can tell immediately

Before this issue no it did not. They said they believe it was caused due to the car being driven with a misfire.

Putting in your location might help as maybe a member here can recommend a good independent mechanic for you.

From Marlton NJ

Atlas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
More fun updates from dealership woes. Got called Wednesday and was updated that now the other side of passenger lifters would have to be replaced for a fun new total of $6700. Got a call this morning saying that the car would not be ready cause the tahoe still wasnt running correctly. After looking into it more they decided that the camshaft needed to be replaced and due to the fact that they had missed this they would cover the cost of that repair. About 45 mins later they called me back and in the process of tearing down the engine for the 4th time found that the brand new AFM lifter they had installed decided to destroy itself. They need to order a whole new set of lifters and I wont be getting the tahoe back till mid next week.

My only worry now is that something else may have gone wrong and they are covering it up. They did finally offer me a loaner though........ so theres that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sadlerbeekeep70

Latest posts