2015 passenger rear door lock not working.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nglauer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have one of their door locks die? My rear passenger side apparently just stopped, or hasn't been working for awhile. I haven't pulled the door panel to check voltage but assume it's the actuator since it's soundless. All other locks work perfectly.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Nick

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have one of their door locks die? My rear passenger side apparently just stopped, or hasn't been working for awhile. I haven't pulled the door panel to check voltage but assume it's the actuator since it's soundless. All other locks work perfectly.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Nick

I just fixed mine. There are two connectors in the instrument pannel passenger side.

the grey/black and tan/black wire... One connector has the front door, the second the back door and hatch.

Connectors C4 and C2 contain lock power.

You can use a test light to quickly check power to the lock there.

Otherwise the driver side fuse block (end of dash) contains all the fuses and relays. However if only the one door is not working. Then it is not the fuses or relays.

I made a post (search my name) with all the wiring diagrams

d1f2f5ec23aad2e07566cc32832228cf.jpg

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
25c4d1cc4c3af0138871d9aef1407afc.jpg

OP
OP
nglauer

nglauer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just fixed mine. There are two connectors in the instrument pannel passenger side.

the grey/black and tan/black wire... One connector has the front door, the second the back door and hatch.

Connectors C4 and C2 contain lock power.

You can use a test light to quickly check power to the lock there.

Otherwise the driver side fuse block (end of dash) contains all the fuses and relays. However if only the one door is not working. Then it is not the fuses or relays.

I made a post (search my name) with all the wiring diagrams

d1f2f5ec23aad2e07566cc32832228cf.jpg

25c4d1cc4c3af0138871d9aef1407afc.jpg
Thank you so much! I will definitely test this out.

Thank you again Matthew!

Nick

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh gosh haha, you have a 2015... mine is a 2001. I didnt notice that. not sure how helpful my info will be.

I think yours may trip a DTC. The newer stuff is all tied into the control system / computers. It might not teip a check engine light but possibly a code in the BCM.

If you have a good scan tool maybe worth a check.

OP
OP
nglauer

nglauer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh gosh haha, you have a 2015... mine is a 2001. I didnt notice that. not sure how helpful my info will be.

I think yours may trip a DTC. The newer stuff is all tied into the control system / computers. It might not teip a check engine light but possibly a code in the BCM.

If you have a good scan tool maybe worth a check.

I'll check that out too. I plan on testing the actuator etc.

nitrodev

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'll check that out too. I plan on testing the actuator etc.

I have the same year, same issue. I ordered a new door lock actuator but have yet to do anything with it. Did you get yours working?

Pittz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2015 with 20k on it at the time. It was my rear passenger door. I had to have the actuator replaced. I took everything off myself, but could not get it lined up to save my life. I had to have my indy do it. Charged me $50.

OP
OP
nglauer

nglauer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same year, same issue. I ordered a new door lock actuator but have yet to do anything with it. Did you get yours working?
I haven't done anything yet. It's kind of a pain too... My daughters car seat is on that side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17