2015 or 2016,..Tahoe or Yukon???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They list the Tahoe as a fleet/rental vehicle, but the price is very good. However I would opt for the Yukon, better miles and a lot more options so you should have better resale value. But it's all in your personal preference, your money your choice, good luck with your decision,

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And, the Yukon should have the mid year update. I generally shy away from high mileage rental/loaner vehicles because they are rode hard and put away wet.

Garandman

Reaction score
2015 was the first year on the new platform so we avoided all.

We bought a 2016. There are many of these vehicles available used so finding just what you want shouldn’t be difficult. The 2015’s are coming off three year leases so they are probably more available.

TopGunMaverick

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
AVOID 2015 AT ALL COSTS!!!!! The first run of this body style is a maintenance disaster just troll through these forums, 2016 is better but if you want to avoid all the major flaws go 2017. No matter which model you purchase EXTENDED WARRANTY IS A MUST.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would not like the idea of being the 4th owner of a 2017 Tahoe. I hope you getting all the service records on those vehicles.

I have not noticed that! Yes, 4 owners in 42,000 miles doesn't sound right. I would question the dealer about it but they would give some crap answer that would just frustrate me.:rolleyes:

4 owners means nothing really....1st owner could be dealership, 2nd could be 1st to purchase, 3rd could be dealer again and 4th could be second purchaser.... or viceversa...carfax will tell you owners...just fyi

TopGunMaverick

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
4 owners means nothing really....1st owner could be dealership, 2nd could be 1st to purchase, 3rd could be dealer again and 4th could be second purchaser.... or viceversa...carfax will tell you owners...just fyi

He’s not wrong could’ve been a “manager” vehicle/demo twice. Check the carfax just don’t assume 4 owners is a bad thing. As always EXTENDED WARRANTY IS A MUST. And don’t skimp either get the platinum/wrap coverage.

PwrdbyM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For the number of owners to be of concern you need to examine the Carfax timeline to see if it was really a private owner or it just changed hands between a couple of dealers.

Something to consider for everyone looking at different model year vehicles; you can't assume certain time left on warranty coverage based on the year. The warranty starts on the date the vehicle was put "in service". This is always a question to want to ask a selling dealer, especially if a car is listed as a demo.
Remember a 16 model year vehicle could have been put in service as early as summer of 15, while a leftover 15 could be put in service as late as spring 16, meaning the 15 model year vehicle actually has more warranty left than the 16.

Further, a very large numer of used Tahoes/Suburbans were used by rental fleets. A 1-2 yr old with 25-50k miles should always have it's history examined (should this be a concern for you). These vehicles are sold at auction by the rental company and bought by GM dealers to sell in their used inventory so what could be touted as a local low mileage trade could have been stomped on up in yellowstone for 2 years.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As everyone has already said, CarFax will tell you almost everything...owners, in service dates, rental/not-rental... Its worth the $40 or whatever it costs now.

Jason101

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what is the difference between the Platinum and the Platinum Wrap is? I see chevy describes the wrap as:

Available in addition to the Platinum coverage of the Chevrolet Protection Plan, the Chevrolet Platinum Wrap Coverage is a Vehicle Service Contract that provides exclusionary coverage. This means the Service Contract will pay or reimburse you for approved costs to repair or replace any covered breakdown of all parts, except for those parts that the manufacturer covers during its warranty term (full or certified), and except for those items listed in the Exclusion section of the vehicle service contract. It’s coverage for your peace of mind.

It seems that the Platinum is also exclusionary, so I'm not sure what makes the wrap different?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts