2015 or 2016,..Tahoe or Yukon???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

Nitrostick

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am located in East Tennessee.

Test drove a 2017 Tahoe LT today with 42,*** miles on it. It was nicely equipped, leather,navigation,bose,...but did not have the captain chairs, power rear seats, or the exterior chrome package and just the basic wheels,..I think they where 17". The wheels do not matter as I am planning aftermarket wheels anyway. They are asking $42,000 and the sales manager volunteered they could easily come down some.

My wife and I both like the exterior and interior of the 2015 Yukon SLT over the 2017 Tahoe LT but it just seems the Tahoe is a much better deal at $42,000 verses $44,500 for the 2 year older Yukon.

My wife is starting to get frustrated with me over thinking this purchase but I can't help it, it is my nature.:D

orchidcrazy

Reaction score
I opted for a Yukon over Tahoe - based on options. I am in the North East - my heated steering wheel is my ABSOLUTE favorite thing ever! I am not a fan of sunroofs - took me a year to find one without one. When my kids were young, I loved my Yukon XL with Captains Chairs. Now that they are all teens, I wanted a power 2nd row bench. In a pinch, I can carry 8 which means each of the 3 can bring along a friend. I am not a fan of the Denali - I don't like the Magnetic Ride, hate the grill, don't want power running boards (something else for the salt to eat at) and I didn't want to be a slave to expensive gas. I did have to give up my desire for 20 inch wheels, but the 18's ride very nicely on long trips - they just don't look as ballsy. Folks complain about the 5.3 being a dog, but I live at the top of a hill, in the North East where straight roads don't exist - it's a perfectly capable vehicle.

Drive ALOT of options - there are so many of these around even if have to drive a bit for one. I drove every one I could find locally and bought one and hour and a half from me because it had what I wanted. Use the test drives to figure out what options are must haves for you family. I looked for a year, found a '16 in December and bought it. Love it! Good luck!

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you look at cars.com, autotrader.com and CarGurus.com to see what is available in your area.

OP
OP
N

Nitrostick

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you look at cars.com, autotrader.com and CarGurus.com to see what is available in your area.

Yes,....I have spent more time than I care to mention on those websites!

I have just about decided to make an offer on the 2015 Yukon SLT. They are asking $44,000 and they had the vehicle for sometime,...I think I will offer $39,000 and see how they counter.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds like a good offer to start. Cargurus.com will show how long it has been for sale and if there has been any previous price drops. Also you may want to run KBB and see what the trade-in value is so you have a rough idea of what the Dealer paid. Good luck.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Yukon is black and so is the shark fin,...curious what difference this makes?

I have found online that the Yukon has 100lbs. less towing capacity as the Tahoe. 100lbs. is not very much just thought it was interesting as I will be towing a boat a lot with which ever I choose.

After some research, it seems the Yukon has been in the area at a couple of different dealers for sale the last couple of years,...I guess that explains the low mileage on a 2015 year model(34,***). I am a little concerned that it has been so difficult to sale. I drove the Yukon on the interstate and around town and didn't notice any problems.
The early build 2015 models did not have painted shark fins. There were improvements made to the later builds. I think the later builds are referred to as 2015+ or 2015i.

OP
OP
N

Nitrostick

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would not like the idea of being the 4th owner of a 2017 Tahoe. I hope you getting all the service records on those vehicles.

OP
OP
N

Nitrostick

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would not like the idea of being the 4th owner of a 2017 Tahoe. I hope you getting all the service records on those vehicles.

I have not noticed that! Yes, 4 owners in 42,000 miles doesn't sound right. I would question the dealer about it but they would give some crap answer that would just frustrate me.:rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts