2015 GMC Yukon SLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still contemplating the name change, as the Yukon will be the family daily driver and the 01 is my project rig.

The Yukons story is that it came to us from California and was a rental rig.

Dealership showed us the clean car fax prior to buying it, so no issues there.

The rig is immaculate given its age. The interior looks new, to me it still has the “new car” smell.

The ride is smooth, the power is great, there are no squeaks or rattles, everything works as good as new.

Given that it only has 36k on it, this should be expected. and the price was within the range of what we were looking for, though a bit more age than what we initially started looking for.

This will be our family rig for quite awhile, so if my 01 is any indication as to durability, with it having 163k on it, the Yukon should do great.

To those that have one, are there any issues that are know that I should’ve on the look out for?
AFM is an issue. I just had to replace the passenger side which costed $5000 at the dealer. I would try to get the GMPP warranty if you can. You could pay it monthly. I regret canceling mine. The mag shocks also go around 50-70k miles. If you have the 8 speed transmission I would be worried about it too.

OP
OP
01BlueTahoeGuy
Reaction score
Is there currently any way to disable the AFM with out doing major surgery on the engine?

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They make something called Range AFM disabler which will work but it will not work with the 2019-2020 6.2 with the 10-speed. There was a few members that was using it and when one of the members loaded there Range AFM device to a friend that he started to have issues. So I am thinking at once a month you should unplug the Range AFM from the odb port and drive it for 100 miles to keep the lifters oiled. The member that had the issue happen was driving with it for a year and a half before unplugging it to loan it to a friend. I wonder why did GM encrypt the computer so you couldn't use it in the 2019-2020 10-speed 6.2. I am still undecided if I want to purchase one myself. I may just leave it alone and use Dexo 1 gen 3 Mobil 1 75k mile synthetic oil with the OEM oil filter. I also will change the oil at 15-20% and check the oil every month. I also will stick to using the same exact oil and filter.

salisburyv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a Predator tuner and it can/does disable afm. i like the unit overall. allows control over trans shift points... lotsa good stuff in there. I have replaced quite a bit due to mileage i purchased at (152k) now 181k. i am doing an engine swap to a upgraded cam 6.0l LQ9. trick flow 255x heads, haven't decided on the cam yet. It will be choppy tho....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep