2015 GMC Yukon shuts off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PrHarrell

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2015 GMC Yukon, and have what appears to be an electrical issue. This issue was first noticed when the radio clock would keep resetting. Sometimes the gauges and radio will randomly shut off. This morning was the final straw when everything shut down including the engine when backing out of my driveway. Battery has been tested saying it is fine, as it is also only two years old.
We did purchase the truck used it has 110,000 miles. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First thing I would do is see if there are any codes that have been set. Then look at the battery cables and connection points. Then re-address the battery as I have seen several instances where they say the battery is good but one of the cells may be dying and it is hard to detect. Loose or bad grounds or battery issues can cause all sorts of electrical gremlins. Good luck.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^X2^^ It appears to me that you have an electrical ground issue. In addition to checking the battery cables (look VERY closely where the wire goes into the battery clamp connectors, as these wires can corrode inside of the battery cable sheathing), check all ground connections on the truck, especially the ground strap at the back of the motor, connecting it to the firewall. Also check the ground connections to the frame of the truck.

Regarding the battery, IMO, the only way to truly test the battery is to remove it, and have it bench load tested. Personally, I do not think that your issue is the battery.

Other members on this Forum that are much more knowledgeable than me will chime in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Doc52

Latest posts