2015 GMC Yukon LED DRL Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Rugdr @reath1 @brentcooper315 @cmatt @Santiago Carbajal

I know this is an old thread but hoping I get some insight or input from others.

Been doing some R&D planning and starting to go down the road of doing a projector upgrade and/or retrofit on my K2XX Yukon headlights. Looking like it's going to require to heat up the head light assembly and open it up to perform the projector retrofit upgrades and reseal it.

Two Questions:
1. Has anyone ever done this DRL LED strip repair procedure detailed in this video and thread of adding the jumper wire on the LED circuit board to a brand new and/or currently functioning circuit board as a "preventative measure"?
2. If you did do this repair to a brand new circuit board or good working/functioning circuit board did it have any ill affect on the functioning LED DRL strip?

I'm not experienced enough in circuit boards and the way they work to know if proactively doing this repair to a good working circuit board would cause an issue or if doing it would add a "back-up" or "reinforce" the long term functionality of the DRL LED strip.

Since I'll be opening the headlights and disassembling them to do the low beam projector retrofit/upgrade I'd like to do any and all headlight upgrades and preventative measures all at once while the headlight housing is open before resealing them back up.

D-WOOD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to find that board besides buying an entire headlight for parts?