2015 Durmax swap and solid front axle build under way.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2500 series trucks have a 2 inch body lift compared to 1500 for the Allison to clear in the trans tunnel. You will have to lift the body SOME....

Cool build.

I had 2015 Duramax and swapped down to a 2012 Denail XL simply because the Dmax was not being used to its full potential.

OP
OP
R

Racing4funn

Reaction score
The 2500 series trucks have a 2 inch body lift compared to 1500 for the Allison to clear in the trans tunnel. You will have to lift the body SOME....

Cool build.

I had 2015 Duramax and swapped down to a 2012 Denail XL simply because the Dmax was not being used to its full potential.

Motor and trans are permanently mounted in the pictures. Transmission fits great. Everything is flush or above the bottom of the frame. Only the tip of the transfer case is at most a 1/4" lower than frame. I can get a finger between the body and transmission in the tightest places.

OP
OP
R

Racing4funn

Reaction score
Im currently stuck with a Theft deterrent dash message and the ECM will not fire the motor because of the modules not getting along. I had a guy come out with a GM programmer and did a Theft relearn but it would re-trigger at the next key cycle. The thought is that the modules need programmed to a matching VIN. Problem is that changing the VIN in a module triggers a reflash. Well I cant change the Truck's/ECM/TCM to the Yukon VIN and I cant change the Yukon's BCM to the trucks VIN (got to keep the BCM's function Yukon and not truck) but I wanted to try changing the TDM's (Theft module) VIN to match the Truck's ECM/TCM to see if that makes the system happy. I cant find the TDM. Im guessing its in the BCM.

Can anyone throw me a bone?
Where is the TDM (theft deterrent module

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Im currently stuck with a Theft deterrent dash message and the ECM will not fire the motor because of the modules not getting along. I had a guy come out with a GM programmer and did a Theft relearn but it would re-trigger at the next key cycle. The thought is that the modules need programmed to a matching VIN. Problem is that changing the VIN in a module triggers a reflash. Well I cant change the Truck's/ECM/TCM to the Yukon VIN and I cant change the Yukon's BCM to the trucks VIN (got to keep the BCM's function Yukon and not truck) but I wanted to try changing the TDM's (Theft module) VIN to match the Truck's ECM/TCM to see if that makes the system happy. I cant find the TDM. Im guessing its in the BCM.

Can anyone throw me a bone?
Where is the TDM (theft deterrent module

Not sure about the TDM but I would contact these guys and see what they can tell you...

Custom BCM tuning (2007-2014) – BT DieselWorks
https://www.btdieselworks.com/colle...ing/products/bt-dieselworks-custom-bcm-tuning

They now do the work that these guys...

2007-2014 C/K Truck / SUV Custom BCM Programming - White Automotive & Media Services
https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/product/2007-2014-c-k-truck-suv-custom-bcm-programming/

Used to do.

I would bet they can help you out.

Let us know what you find out.

MP40Gunner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are you keeping the DEF tank and DPF on that LML or doing a delete/tune? Proper diesel tuning has sadly been all but taken out by the EPA save for a small number of guys doing it on the down low.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts