2015 Chevy Tahoe LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Edward Wilkerson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I need to replace both stuts on the front of my truck. The dealerships wants over $600 just for the absorber and they are on back order. They said it could take three months to get the replacement part. Has anyone used any aftermarket stuts, if so how the work for you?

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For aftermarket, Thats all I use. It can vary based on the car, whether I get a more sporty, firmer ride, style shock/strut... or alternatively a softer, plusher shock/strut (like I am looking for on my Escalade). Lots of manufactures out there, Bilstein, KYB, Monroe, Sensen, Westar, Arnott, Suncore, Dorman.... And a whole bunch more!

You can also get, whats referred to in the industry as, QuickStruts. These are complete assemblies, you just pull out the Strut/Spring assembly, and replace as a whole unit. I personally dont like this option. Yes, its a quicker replacement for your defective strut. But you may end up with a different spring ratio than the one you are taking out, and you may not like the ride.

Another thing to consider is if your truck has the Magnaride or not. I am not sure for the build code for 2015, so you would need to wait for one of the members that is more familiar with the 2015 to respond.

ReaperHWK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He has an LTZ so it does have magnetic ride. I’d personally try to retain that feature.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think most use Arnott, check Rock auto, do not pay Dealer pricing. Do a Google search lots of discussion and it will bring up discussion even on this forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC