2015 6.2 liter Yukon xl denali clicking on exceleration only.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
For some reason it won't allow me to attach the link. Yes it does happen under hard acceleration sometimes. It seems like when I downshift to pass it does not do it. But when I'm going slow and then accelerate hard it does it.

Can't host a video here. Put it on a hosting site (YouTube, etc.) and post the link to it here.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im looking at spark knock....seems worth a try to clear it up im reading is a higher octane gas or
  1. Treating your engine with a carbon cleaner or a fuel system additive, can usually clears this up.
I would agree with thus based on what OP stated about acceleration. I've used the seafoam carbon removing system for DI engines. It comes with a long straw you run to the intake near the butterfly, then have someone hold steady at 1200 rpm until can is empty. Shut off and heat soak for 15 min. Then take her out and race it for a few miles. Helps to start the process with a warm motor too BTW. Did this on my wife's 2017 Denali and it seemed to help.

Or take it to your local dealership for a fuel system service and decarbonizng treatment. You could also try running 1/2 to 1 qt of ATF in the oil for the last 500 miles or so. That will wash buildup out from the inside and possibly help the piston skirts, rings, etc if they are getting carboned up. I do this in my 2017 a couple times a year as a preventative thing - the oil usually comes out darker from the cleaning when changed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buckeyeglazier